What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society - CD (1968)

Playing this for the track ‘Days’ which was played at a family funeral we attended yesterday, Thanks for the memories Charlie, you will be sorely missed, but not forgotten. R.I.P.

18 Likes

Another great RTI pressing…

2021 Craft Recordings vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1: :grinning:

11 Likes

The Yes Album

28 Likes

9 Likes

The italian one…

13 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold, my second ever cd.

31 Likes

Fran & Flora - Unfurl Remix EP. Experimental (whatever that means) mix of world/electronic. Enjoyable.

2 Likes

Anoushka Shankar: Chapter 2. How Dark It Is Before Dawn.

3 Likes

Before

1 Like

The new one

2 Likes

Geoff
Picked this up earlier from a charity shop and its sounding fabulous.
Love the orange case its in.
Wishing you a fine day
Cheers Ian

Lets Groove - The Very Best Of Earth Wind And Fire

13 Likes

A nice Roots compilation from Greensleeves/VP Records…good start to the day :heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

Step Forward Youth

6 Likes

Great seeing that cover Stevie
Sent me back to 1978 or 79.
I was living in Brighton and was 13 or 14 my school mates and I would see as many bands as we could.Misty in Roots were always playing at the University Of Sussex and just so many superb bands emerging.Looking back felt blessed to be a teenager then.
Had very liberal parents and we would go on CND marches in London
Seeing the Rock Against Racism badge on the cover was great.
Anti Nazi Leauge and Rock Against Rascism were definitely worn on our school blazers

Enjoy your weekend
Cheers Ian

4 Likes

I remember the glorious days when Roots was everywhere seemingly, Ian. I lived in Dalston & then Finsbury Park - the riddim was on every street. Blues parties on Church Street (now middle-class gentrified). Four Aces on Dalston Lane (long gone). Loved that time.

Bless up.

Still got my RAR badge somewhere (and the ANL one I hope. And my Stuff The Jubilee!) We used to play some RAR gigs. Good times, the melding of punk with reggae.

4 Likes

First spin…

Great sounding new album from Elbow, on vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

11 Likes

Must admit, it looks better in Italian :it: :+1:t2:

1 Like

The Steve Miller Band - Circle Of Love.

9 Likes

Ronnie Laws The Best Of Ronnie Laws / 1992 Blue Note / US CD / CDP7982892

4 Likes

London Grammar - House. Single teaser for new album The Greatest Love, due in September. Bodes well.

8 Likes

Verve ‘Elite Series’ CD.

5 Likes