What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On BBC Radio London FM…

3 Likes

More goodness from the 60’s…

Love
Forever Changes
ERC mono cut.

Just beautiful.

21 Likes

The harmonies on this song are magnificent.

1 Like

6 Likes

Hurry For The Riff Raff - The Past Is Still Alive - CD (2024)

5 Likes

2020 Record Store Day vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

17 Likes

£1.75 in a charity shop. Vinyl. Really nice.

“Many professional classical guitarists were either students of Segovia or students of Segovia’s students.” Wiki.

10 Likes

Job done Kev …you got the 3 points…listening to the legend you were playing last night

King Tubby - King Dub

6 Likes

Carmen Consoli - Confusa E Felice
2022 remastered on vinyl

4 Likes

LP - Virgin 1975 : )

<>

Edgar Froese - mellotron, guitar and VCS 3 synthesizer on “Rubycon, Part One” ; organ, mellotron, guitar, gong and VCS 3 synththesizer on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Christopher Franke - double Moog synthesizer, Synthi A, organ, modified Elka organ and prepared piano on “Rubycon, Part One” ; double Moog synthesizer, gong, Synthi A, and organ on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Peter Baumann - organ, EMS Synthi A, electric piano (Fender Rhodes) and prepared piano on “Rubycon, Part One” ; electric piano (Fender Rhodes), organ, EMS Synthi A, voice and ARP 2600 on “Rubycon, Part Two”

Recorded in January 1975, at The Manor, Shipton-on-Cherwell, Oxfordshire, England

<<>>

Happy Birthday Christopher Franke!

born on 6th April 1953 in Berlin, Germany :de:

23 Likes

Pearl Jam - 10

12 Likes

Nudged by @Debs…giving Rubycon another go.
I do like the seagulls at the start, and it is kinda growing on me I must say…better than the boring & tedious JM Jarre who turned me right off of wallpaper electronica…

On to Phaedra

17 Likes

Konrad Ragossnig. Vinyl. Some lovely music on this.

5 Likes

Predictable for this forum maybe, but this is my first listen to the 2023 remaster. Sounds good, I should probably be comparing this to my other version, but to be honest I am too busy just enjoying it.
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of Moon 2023 Remaster (not sure I needed to even name this album, hard to believe there can be many who have never seen this album cover in the last 50 years)

23 Likes

Boards Of Canada - The Campfire Headphase - 2005

Had their Peel session on earlier from the late '90’s, still wondering if a new album will ever appear? Possibly not which is a shame.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Thus…

Not bad.

Still much prefer Terry Riley Poppy Nogood/All Night Flight or Persian Surgery

15 Likes

The Libertines latest - worth the wait.

2 Likes

Following on with Christopher Franke’s birthday,
White eagle

11 Likes

Lightening the post football gloom with this classic from 1970. Future scandi supergroup - Jan Garbarek Quartet Afric Pepperbird. Jan in post Coltrane rather than later lyrical mood. ECM Luminescence reissue. Cracker.

4 Likes