What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On LP.

1 Like

Always wanted to get a copy on vinyl but till august last year was impossible to get one at a human price.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl - Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring

21 Likes

Sampha - Lahai
Sweet tunes and a unique voice.

2 Likes

LP - Pye Records 1977 : )

HALL & OATES ‘Past Times Behind’: 1977 US 11-track compilation LP, features a collaboration of Daryl Hall and John Oates from which all selections were recorded in 1971/1972, tracks such as A Lot Of Changes Comin’, Deep River Blues

<<>>

Happy Birthday John Oates! :birthday: :partying_face:

born on 7th April 1948 in New York City :us:

16 Likes

3CD collection of Dead highlights from the Pacific North-West in '73 and '74. With a 46-minute “Playing In the Band” and a possibly definitive “Eyes Of The World”, this has to be one of the best GD live albums…

11 Likes

Alba from British Jazz guitarist John Parricelli. John is a serious jazz player but has done a wide range of session work with well known names and a lot of film score work. He was in my class at school and was big into Clapton/Kossoff etc back then.
I’m fairly certain he played the Mandolin in the Captain Corelli film, he was certainly in the film.

6 Likes

Slade - Sladest
The hair styles might be a but dated, but the guitar riffs stand the test of time.

12 Likes

Waxahatchee – Tigers Blood

Followed by the new release from Sarah Shook And The Disarmers – Revelations.

4 Likes

Featuring Guitarist Pritesh Walia, Keyboardist Sharik Hasan and Drummer Avery Logan, PSA is Poised to Redefine the Boundaries of the Traditional Organ Trio

Far More than a Mere Collection of tracks, PSA’s Self-Titled Debut is a Manifesto —a Bold Declaration of Intent to Contemporize the Organ Trio While Paying a Respectful Homage to its Roots

2 Likes

12 Likes

Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller - 1974

What a band!

13 Likes

David Gilmour - Live At Pompeii (Live At Pompeii 2016)

21 Likes

I’d not heard of Mary Gauthier before but 6Music played the title track ‘Mercy Now’ and it is just brilliant. Her music has been called ‘country noir’ and it’s not a bad description. What a revelation this album is - highly recommended

8 Likes

Sarah Shook & The Disarmers - Revelations
Via Tidal 24/96

Thanks to @patk for this recommendation :ok_hand: Never heard from this band before. Just enjoying the album for the first time. I like the freshness of this kind of folk/country rock or whatever it is called. This for what I love this thread here :+1:

3 Likes

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left.

Anyone on here buy one of the 5000 odd original copies sold?

.sjb

32 Likes

Always something new on this forum. Loving this, thanks @osprey

1 Like

Continuing tonights Glam theme
The Sweet - Greatest Hits

11 Likes

Airbag | Identity | 2009
Lovely neo progressive rock (as they describe themselves) from this fine Norwegian band out of Oslo. The Scandis’ really have a very good handle on prog rock and do it terribly well IMHO.

11 Likes

14 Likes