What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Garry I listened to some yesterday afternoon at work on YouTube of the new album and it sounded great
Pure Libertines great songs and music
Since Tonys post of a song really enjoying them again its funny you lose touch with bands but its great getting reacquainted
Wishing you a fine Wednesday mate

2 Likes

Holly Cole, the best of Holly Cole. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Alison Goldfrapp, the love invention. 30 tracks 2h36m long, might be enough to give me a bit of work energy boost. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Paul Rodgers - Cut Loose

Paul has a super band on this album.

Paul Rodgers - bass
Paul Rodgers - guitar
Paul Rodgers - drums
Paul Rodgers - keyboards
Paul Rodgers - vocals
Paul Rodgers - producer

Production and sound is of its time (1983) but a good album in parts.

11 Likes

Least dealing with the union would be easy.

5 Likes

Helen Lewis has left the chat on BBC R4 FM.

9.30am and findable on BBC Sounds

The fascinating story of the use of WhatsApp instant messaging in government and politics, during its heyday from 2016 to 2021.

Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Lontano

A CD I’ve probably had for fifteen years and like more than ever.

4 Likes

The sun is out so it’s time for something bright and breezy

s-l960
Quincy Jones - Talkin’ Verve, a fine compilation of the albums released in the late '50’s and early '60’s. Today, it is classed as lounge/jazz, and although it is a bit cheesy in places, the sheer quality of the personnel shines through. Groovy baby!

8 Likes

Nils Petter Molvær - Solid Ether

Sticking with the trumpet. There’s good coffee too.

3 Likes

I do agree, they all gel very well indeed. So far I only bought their latest album “It will be allright”, but I’m soon getting others from this trio. I tried to buy “Omara” but I couldn’t find it, maybe it’s only possibile on Bandcamp.

By the way sax can be pedestrian at times but also the very opposite IMO. I really enjoyed their last album, a very intriguing soundstage and clarity too. If you have their very last album, what are your thoughts about it?

4 Likes

The Beatles - Get Back, listening to Glyn Johns alternative vision of how the album should have been presented. From the Let It Be box set.

22 Likes
15 Likes

Tom Petty, highway companion. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Ah! only just realised ‘It Will Be Alright’ (their 4th album?) was released last year (2023)
I’ve not heard this one yet but the vinyl format is now on my wish list (due to the £36 price tag).

The album i have on order is the 3rd release ‘Get That Motor Running’, released in 2020. Vinyl copy should arrive here for the weekend :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

Last one from this box set ‘Soldier Of Love’… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1: :grinning:

11 Likes

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland

21 Likes

3 Likes

Craft Recordings Bernie G-cut vinyl. Great sound, but the music is merely pleasant, nothing world-shattering.

5 Likes

@Buster…amazing album…I was daft enough to sell my early pressing on Track label thinking I only need the cd. !!!

Santana - Zebop!

14 Likes