What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Carly Simon

No Secrets

Edward

19 Likes

Carly Simon

Live At Grand Central

Edward

11 Likes

Yes, it’s their 4th album, I highly recommend it. I’m waiting for my copy of “Get That Motor Runnin’” as well. I should get their first album soon too so I’m pretty curious to compare these 3 albums.

1 Like

Dominic Miller & Neil Stacey New Dawn / 2002 naim / Austria CD / naimcd066

6 Likes

Mazzy Star – Among My Swan
CD rip | 1996

Haven’t played this in a while. On the DAP and headphones.

10 Likes

Another Craft reissue, this time cut by Kevin Gray. Again, the sound is absolutely sensational but the music’s way, way better than the Land LP.

8 Likes

Gary Brooker - Lead Me To The Water.

6 Likes

Sourced from Glyn Johns master Reels. Alternative versions, different mixes or rough mixes.

9 Likes

2024 remaster.

14 Likes

Elton John - Elton John - CD (1970)

54 years ago 10/04/70 Elton John released his self titled second studio album which included his breakthrough single ‘Your Song’. The album was nominated for the Grammy Award for Album of the Year the following year.

24 Likes

Nadia Reid - Listen To Formation Look For The Signs. Folky singer-songwriter from New Zealand.

9 Likes

Superb South African township jazz from 1975, reissied on vinyl last year:

4 Likes

Paul Carrack - I Know That Name.

7 Likes

In honour of the great Professor Peter Higgs who died 2 days ago at the age of 94

20 Likes

Neil Stacey Group Leave It To Last / 2003 naim / England CD / naimcd062

3 Likes

3 Likes

The recent Band On The Run reissue with the underdubbed disc.

19 Likes

‘Tuvayhun’ by Nidarosdomens Jentekor and TrondheimSolistine. Working my way through this discovery on Qobuz. Very nice choir and very interesting in parts. Hard to classify but according to Qobuz it is Choral/classical. This is very well recorded and is a very nice listen indeed.

1 Like

611RLUHYBHL.AC
Mark Knopfler - Shangri - La.

22 Likes

2 x LP - EMI 1995 : )

The Beatles - Anthology 1

<>

Stuart Sutcliffe died on this day in 1962

Sutcliffe was a Scottish painter and musician best known as being the original bass guitarist of The Beatles.
(died in Hamburg on 10th April 1962, cause of death: cerebral haemorrhage)

Stuart Fergusson Victor Sutcliffe (1940-1962)

16 Likes