What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

As the wind howls outside a shot of soulfunkpsych from Shugs on 1974s Inspiration Information. Aside from the horns & strings all his own work. The lad was like Martin Peters, 10 years ahead of his time. Played bass on Peaches en Regalia when only 16. MoV Epic reissue.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Boz Scaggs - Dig

Boz Scaggs (Guitar), Joe Bonadio (Percussion), Robin Dimaggio (Drums, Hand Percussion, Percussion), Nathan East (Bass), Danny Kortchmar (Guitar), Steve Lukather (Guitar, Pedal Steel), Monet (Vocals), David Paich (Keyboards, Synthesizer), Greg Phillinganes (Piano) and Martin Tillman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Boz and he along his talented group of musicians working with him are sounding sublime! One fine album…

18 Likes

On CD:-

Mark Knopfler - One Deep River

22 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

Something very relaxing on another crappy weather day.

2 Likes

Fabulous Live Rory Gallagher - Rory Gallagher - Live In Europe

21 Likes

Now dialling up to Funk Factor 8 with classic Sly & The Family Stone Stand! Sony Epic reissue.

14 Likes

Well after that comment and @seakayaker playing the album, I couldn’t let it go unpurchased.

Big fan of Boz but didn’t have this one. Well done thank you - you are spot on.

5 Likes

Dedicated to all other mau5keteers.
The rodent-headed one from 2016.

11 Likes

Hurray For The Riff Raff – The Past Is Still Alive
CD|2024

9 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl - CD (1979)

Joining @Debs in celebrating what would have been Gerry’s Birthday.

23 Likes

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

27 Likes

29 Likes

Tom Lehrer - L!ve That Was The YearThat Was - Tidal 16/44
A few days ago a friend sent me a link to a live version of The Vatican Rag, and it’s been an earworm since then. So I’m (hopefully) exorcising it with this different live recording. Mid-‘60s satirical songs from an extremely clever and witty writer. I think this was his last set of songs before going back to his day job as Maths professor.

5 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home

21 Likes

2 Likes

big_58013206655ae4689c383f

11 Likes

Live in Japan.

9 Likes

Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis - CD (1968)

Another lost Artist who would have celebrated a Birthday :birthday: today 16/04/39 - 03/03/99

English singer Dusty Springfield who had her first solo UK hit single in 1963 with ‘I Only Want To Be With You’, which reached No.4, the 1966 UK No.1 & US No.4 single with 'You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me’ plus over 15 other UK Top 40 singles. With her brother Dion O’Brien (“Tom Springfield”) and Tim Feild, Springfield formed the folk-pop vocal trio The Springfields. Two of their five 1961–63 top 40 UK hits ‘Island of Dreams’ and ‘Say I Won’t Be There’ reached No. 5 on the charts. Her image, marked by a peroxide blonde bouffant/beehive hairstyle, heavy makeup and evening gowns, made her an icon of the Swinging Sixties. She died on 3 March 1999 age 59.

21 Likes