What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Brecker Brothers - Out Of The Loop - CD (1994)

2 Likes

‘Promise’ from this box set, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1: :grinning:

21 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson - Components - 1966

Enjoying this on a sunny afternoon, what a stellar sextet!

12 Likes

Sweet Smoke - Just A Poke (1970, produced by Conny Plank) Formed in Brooklyn but based in Germany, considered part of the whole Krautrock movement. Know how to knock up a groove.

7 Likes

2020 release on transparent pink vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:

5 Likes

Brian Eno - Discreet Music - CD (1975)

12 Likes

Rufus/Chaka Khan - Ask Rufus - 1977

Enjoying Chaka’s great voice on this one.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Webber - Later That Evening

Eberhard Weber (Bass), Paul McCandless (Soprano Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Bass Clarinet), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Lyle Mays (Piano) and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with the beautiful album ‘Later That Evening’ from Everhard. The album contains four compositions by Eberhard and beautifully performed by this quintet. Just love the piano playing by Lyle Mays on the opening track. One of my favorites from Eberhard’s catalogue, this is one very sweet album!

10 Likes

Dougie Maclean

Marching Mystery

Edward

7 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls - CD (1985)

28 Likes

The Stone Roses - The Complete Stone Roses.

This chunk of Madchester has been playing for the last hour or so … … … isn’t “Fools Gold” just the grooviest thing ever?

Just as Brenda epitomised the essence of cool with The Stones in the early years, I’ve always felt that Ian Brown picked up the baton and ran with it.

15 Likes

Fools Gold is an absolute gem, potentially my favourite tune of all time :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Some top Mingus assembled from his 1960 Candid sessions with the likes of Eric Dolphy & Booker Ervin. Swings like a swingin thing. Quality Grundman Candid vinyl.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber Colours - Little Movements

Eberhard Weber (Bass, Cello), Charlie Mariano (Flute, Soprano Saxophone),
John Marshall (Drums, Percussion) and Rainer Bruninghaus (Piano, Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Everhard and he and his quartet are sounding sublime! One very fine album…

7 Likes

Tracks 1-12: The Allman Brothers Band:
Recorded at A & R Studios, New York City, NY, August 26, 1971 for a live WPLJ FM Broadcast
Previously released as: ‘A & R Studios: New York, 26th August 1971’

Tracks 13-27: Delaney & Bonnie with the Allman brothers & King Curtis:
Recorded at A & R Studios, New York City, NY, July 22, 1971 for a live WPLJ FM Broadcast
Previously released as: ‘Delaney & Bonnie with The Allman Brothers & King Curtis’

Tracks 28-50:
Includes Duane’s most cherished songs, those that he was most influenced b and which were the impulse for him to begin his career and to become one of the finest guitar players the world had ever seen.
Previously released as: ‘Duane Allman’s Jukebox’

10 Likes

Glass of red wine and some Dead.
Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street

14 Likes

Alastair McDonald

Songs Of The North

IMG_0462

Edward

4 Likes

Robert Plant | Carry Fire | 2017
One of my favourite solo Plant albums. I liked it from the off but it got quite a bit of kickback on here if I remember correctly? Fine music from the man and happy to get it out again.

23 Likes
4 Likes

Jazz rock trio Back Door in typically high-octane mode recorded live for the Beeb in 1973. Lovely to hear Alexis Korner sitting in & mceeing too. Great sound quality. Barely more than an EP but still an excellent Gearbox effort.

7 Likes