What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lyrre : Not All Who Dream Are Asleep 2023 (Bandcamp download 44.1/24)

Apologies if i have already posted this but I bought this on the last Bandcamp Friday and can’t seem to stop playing it and thought it could be of interest to a few of you who frequent this thread.

Lyrre are a Polish Folk Metal band who haven’t been around for long. Bandcamp tags them as epic, folk and symphonic metal but folk metal is probably the best description. With lots of Hurdy Gurdy and a female vocalist, comparisons with Cellar Darling are inevitable. There are some great tunes on here and with a short 35 minute runtime it zips by.

If I had come across this last year it would have been in my top ten of the year.

This year they also released the album as an instrumental version which is on Qobuz although you have to search for the full album title with “instrumental” in the search to get it to appear.

Fans of Cellar Darling or the more mellow songs by Eluveitie should really like this

5 Likes

In memory of Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues.

13 Likes

#true

Along with Thin Lizzy’s Alive & Dangerous (although not sure how much of that recording was actually live but who cares) I think that Strangers In The Night by UFO must rate as one of the best live rock albums.

2 Likes

R-8497625-1465927141-1770
Little Village - Little Village.

12 Likes

662aa9524d1b9
Brian Eno.

7 Likes

Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / EU CD / 2018 A&M Records / 00602577198830

12 Likes

AC/DC - Highway To Hell - CD (1979)

18 Likes

A classic I think. Vinyl reissue.

18 Likes

Wine and waltzes. What’s not to like?

2 Likes

Ry Cooder - I, Flathead.

14 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

9 Likes

Kate St John, indescribable light. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Basia, London Warsaw New York. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Preservation Hall Jazz Band – New Orleans, Volume 1
CD rip | 1977

Dixieland jazz. A fun album.

7 Likes

Sean Ono Lennon - Asterisms

So far this is my Album of the year.

5 Likes

Diana Krall, quiet nights. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

8 Likes

Hunumike totally agree along with Live And Dangerous and DC’s If You Want Blood
Its right up there as a classic Live rock album
I love the start with the introduction…Chicago will you welcome from England UFO
And that raw guitar sound cranks up for Natural Thing
Doctor Doctor Iron Maiden always play over the their PA before coming on …says it all.
Love to Love on that album is brilliant love the keyboard sound and how it builds.
UFO often get overlooked but such a great rock band
Only seen them live once on the Mechanix tour but they were great .
Enjoy your day
Cheers Ian

3 Likes

Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings At The Speed Of Sound - CD Archive Collection - (1976)

Wings At The Speed Of Sound’ went to No.1 on the US album chart. 26/04/76. McCartney’s fifth No.1 album after The Beatles became his most successful American chart album, spending seven unconsecutive weeks at No.1. The album featured the hits 'Let ‘Em In’ and 'Silly Love Songs

16 Likes