What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

OK get that wallet out here’s another Stevie Salas, Bootsy and Buddy Miles as Hardware.

3 Likes

6 Likes

@Tabbycat

This might help but you have to make your own mind up.

3 Likes

Cheers @ AndyP that’s tomorrows travelling music sorted out, will report back tomorrow :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver.

18 Likes

Love the natural sound and production on this, especially with the drums. It’s got a groove too!

2 Likes

Stevie Salas is one my favourite guitarists.

2 Likes

I dunno what it was with Les McCann and the Montreux Jazz Festival, but whenever he played there he and his band just kicked butt. Fortunately someone recorded his gigs and alongside the famous 1972 appearance we also have this phenomenal 1969 show:

6 Likes

Thanks mate …will watch with an open mind
I think my comments are probably out of ignorance and like a lot of things in life we can just dismiss to easily without really trying .
An album you really recommended to me which I gave a listen to earlier this year and was fabulous was this one …I took a pic and sent it to a music mate …with you have got to play this album
Wishing you a fine Friday

9 Likes

Whilst we are on the subject of genius- here is another one.

Lee Hazlewood - A House Safe For Tigers

IMG_9048

5 Likes

The Dandy Warhols - Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Richard Thompson - Mock Tudor.

14 Likes

Les’ mate Eddie, on a Pure Pleasure vinyl reissue…

6 Likes

Johnny Hallyday – Flagrant Délit

It’s easy to dismiss Johnny Hallyday but he had the good sense, that may have been lost on his home ground and probably everywhere else, to get a good band behind him.

Here he has producer Chris Kimsey who later worked with the Stones and from there Bobby Keys and Jim Price. Throw in members of Spooky Tooth, Jerry Donahue and a selection of songs from Leon Russell, John Fogerty and Gary Wright and you have one fine album.

Oh yes and the wonderful backing singers Doris Troy, Liza Strike, Madeline Bell and Nanette Workman.

5 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

18 Likes

Le Trio Joubran - Majaz

5 Likes

A recenrt arrival from the nice guys at Craft:

12 Likes

Yazoo, upstairs at Eric’s. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

Bob Dylan, Blood On The Tracks. Vinyl. A masterpiece :notes::100:

32 Likes

Listening to some Antonio Forcione. I remember getting a free CD of Naim music with a magazine many years ago (what hifi maybe) and he had a track called Tarantella on it that I really liked.

Me and the wife saw him live at Foyles book store in London circa 2009. The guy can play!

Worth a listen if you like acoustic or Spanish guitar.

7 Likes