What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

El Rey Tito on Craft vinyl:

11 Likes

An album I picked up (unbelievably) new, sealed at a record fair for £5.00. It’s a beauty in every sense. Sound quality is excellent.

2 Likes

Happy days.

9 Likes

Kreator : Gods Of Violence (2017. Qobuz 44.1/24bit)

Some quality Teutonic thrash from the mighty Kreator. I ended up watching a music documentary last night on Thrash Metal so the ears have been taking a battering today (no wonder I have tinnitus!). Today has been Exodus, Overkill, Anthrax and now Kreator.

Kreator have been releasing albums for almost 40 years so they must be doing something right. This one from 2017 obviously has way better production values than the early albums and it thrashes with a righteous vengeance with some pummelling drums, driving bass and some superb riffing and tasty solos. Vocals are barked out but always clear and understandable.

Damn it, this is awesome…… Keep it Metal indeed \nn/

4 Likes

Donna Summer - Bad Girls - CD (1979)

In memory of Donna Summer 31/12/48 - 17/05/12

Donna Summer, the 1970s pop singer known as the Queen of Disco, died of lung cancer, an illness she believed she contracted from inhaling toxic particles released after the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York. She won five Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and had three multi-platinum albums, including the hits ‘Hot Stuff’, 'Love to Love You, and ‘Baby’ and ‘I Feel Love’.

15 Likes

Another great review - you haven’t won me over but nonetheless a nice commentary and insight which is sadly missing on a lot of stuff posted here.

3 Likes

Beth Gibbons - Lives Outgrown

Finally a 2024 release I like

15 Likes

I’d forgotten this was due out, must grab a copy! Thanks @Keano16

Was just about to post this. Good innit?

Slash

Orgy of the Damned

Edward

5 Likes

Didn’t you like the Keeley Forsyth album released last week?

I haven’t heard that one. I must remember that

1 Like

New releases this week that are top of my purchase list and worth checking out:-

Beth Gibbons - Lives Outgrown
Barry Adamson - Cut to Black
Michael Head - Loophole

and maybe
Ani Difranco - Unprecedented…

5 Likes

Fine dub reggae before the working day begins
Mad Professor - Dub Me Crazy

6 Likes

I’ll stream the Adamson later, but it will have to go some to equal this.
Barry Adamson - Moss Side Story. Music for an imaginary noir movie.

8 Likes

Barry Adamson - Cut to Black

So brilliant - fantastic album by the great Barry Adamson.

5 Likes

Agreed that is a wonderful album - I think you’ll like the new one.

As I say with Barry Adamson - just buy the whole catalogue.

3 Likes

As you say with everyone you like!

1 Like

Oh dear another purchase lined up thanks to @JamesBKK on another thread (£13.49 on Juno Download)

The album is a classic but it’s the other 23 tracks (mainly acoustic) on the Deluxe Edition that would make a super album.

Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals

13 Likes

Cream - Disraeli Gears

The first supergroup, going through their astonishing paces!

5 Likes