What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Why? Still testing the hearing aids.

steve

8 Likes

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years - 1975 - Label - Columbia (CBS) - OG Vinyl.

The fourth solo album by PS produced by Paul & Phil Remone.

The track Some Folks’ Lives Roll Easy has David Samborn playing Sax :musical_score: RIP David.

12 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream - hi-res download.

1 Crawling Kingsnake
2 Louise
3 Poor Boy a Long Way From Home
4 Stay All Night
5 Going Down South
6 Coal Black Mattie
7 Do the Romp
8 Sad Days, Lonely Nights
9 Walk with Me
10 Mellow Peaches
11 Come on and Go with Me

“‘Delta Kream’ celebrates the band’s roots and features eleven Mississippi hill country blues standards that they have loved since they were teenagers, before they were a band, including songs by R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough, among others.”

The Black Keys - Chulahoma

More Junior Kimbrough down home blues from The Keys.

Boogie on.

16 Likes

I have a couple of vinyl copies, this is the Craft one I bought late 2022 or early 2023. Is it the one you mean?:thinking:

Edit… I also have the original Silvertone version

16 Likes

Had a listen to a couple of tracks from the newly released “tribute album”. Pointless exercise. Why have rubbish when you can have class?

17 Likes

It doesn’t matter what the journo’s of the day decided what Cream were to be called, the simple fact is that they weren’t the first supergroup, that honour goes to the Beatles.

Cream did a lot but never achieved the heights of the Beatles success, they created some stunning music and are a pleasure to listen to, but they will not be the first supergroup.

On that note people we will have to agree to disagree.

Doors open to the garden this hot Friday.

G

7 Likes

LP12 having a turn :wink:

Wishbone Ash - Wishbone Ash
2019 Limited Edition on Brown Vinyl

10 Likes

I just put out what my artist wants to put out @Tony :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Joining @QuickSticks in a little Wishbone Ash. Pilgrimage (1971).

11 Likes

On Vinyl:
71K3ccIuXkL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Maddison Beer - Silence between songs

2 Likes

I didn’t mention Cream - deliberately - and you have completely missed the essence of my post. It’s not that journalists designated Cream a supergroup as superior to the Beatles, rather that by the mid-Sixties there were experienced and very well known musicians combining in fresh groups. Anyhow, if you don’t like my account, based on knowledge of the period, perhaps you will have more respect for Britannica. You can see how they define in brackets what constitutes a supergroup in the common usage of the term. You can use words how you want but most terms have generally accepted meanings and communication isn’t possible without that sort of consensus.

1 Like

Aoife O’Donovan – Age Of Apathy
CD rip | 2022

2CD set, deluxe edition. Folk. Moved to the dap since cd player is acting up. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The second CD is acoustic versions of the album’s songs.

7 Likes

Rush - A Farewell To Kings
40th Anniversary Edition

Absolutely no prizes for guessing what will be up next😉

13 Likes

Oh, go on then.

16 Likes

Don McLean - American Boys

4 Likes

Its just a buzz word, the world’s first Supergroup was the Beatles, or are you saying what they achieved wasn’t sufficient to get the tag Supergroup?

Just because someone decides that 3 musicians (without doubt excellent musicians) form a group and that group should be credited with the tag ‘super’ is completely meaningless as far as I am concerned.

Someone somewhere came up with the tag and that stuck, it doesn’t make it right or that it cannot be applied to groups prior to the tag being invented.

Anyway this discussion should be continued on the new ‘Supergroup’ thread.

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (Tenor Saxophone, Alto Flute); Bill Frisell (Guitar), Greg Leisz (Steel Guitar), Reuben Rogers (Bass), Eric Harland (Drums), Willie Nelson (Voice) and Norah Jones (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…returning home and kicking off this Friday morning with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and Charles along with is very talented band mates are sounding sublime! Charles turned 86 this past March 15th and he is still touring and going strong! I have seen him perform a couple of times here in Seattle and hopes he returns soon for another live performance…

8 Likes

On Vinyl:
41USnhR4CpL.AC
Johnny Adams - Room With a View of the Blues

5 Likes

8 Likes