What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Staying with Brit comedies

Peter’s Friends The Album.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Bowes and Morley. 2002. CD. Thunder duo mix rock with a bit more soul and funk. Some really good songs, Morley is a great writer imho.

1 Like

‘Tommy’ - The Who

See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me. Bliss.

15 Likes

1 Like

Lisa Stansfield, biography: the greatest hits. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

I like them, very impressed with their music.

1 Like

Billie Eilish - Hit Me Hard And Soft

In which the enormous potential of her first two albums is realized. This is my early shout for album of 2024. Simply brilliant work from BE and brother Finneas.

10 Likes

The last of the soundtracks tonight

3997c8ffa42, 7f4c841998e84bc53110c.500x500x1
The In-Laws, again, a nice selection of music, bought primarily for the couple of exclusive McCartney tracks. But also worth the price of admission to hear Ella’s take on “Sunshine Of Your Love” !

3 Likes

More Bowes and Morley. 2nd Album. CD. 2004. While Thunder were on hiatus. Mix of originals and covers of Steve Wonder, Free and more. More soul and funk than Thunder.

1 Like

Manhattan Transfer Brasil / 1987 Atlantic / Germany CD / 7567818032

7 Likes

Lenny Kravitz: Blue Electric Light

1st listen and there’s no mistaking the sound, so far solid.

1 Like

3 Likes

Sometimes only Frank can scratch that itch. Frank Zappa - Overnight Sensation.

11 Likes

Dido, life for rent. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Nightwish, made in Hong Kong (and in various other places). :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Paul Weller - 66 - CD (2024)

Happy :birthday: Birthday, Paul Weller 66 today 25/05/58

English singer, songwriter, musician Paul Weller, who with The Jam had the 1980 UK No.1 single ‘Going Underground’ plus 17 other UK Top 40 singles. With The Style Council the 1983 UK No.3 single ‘Long Hot Summer’, plus 14 other UK Top 40 singles. As a solo artist the 1995 UK No.7 single ‘The Changing Man’ and 6 UK No.1 albums. Weller has received four Brit Awards, winning the award for Best British Male twice, and the 2006 Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music.

14 Likes

Olivia Newton-John, physical. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

She was such a beautiful woman, don’t think my crush will ever fade. May she rest in peace.

8 Likes