What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On this, their first album (1973), Anita, Ruth, June and Bonnie are yet to truly find their voice, but this self-titled debut has two bona fide classics on it in “Wang Dang Doodle” and “Yes We Can Can”. And the band, led by the great Gaylord Birch, is just senstional. First press vinyl from 51 years ago…

11 Likes

This song… it really shines on my system! Very very nice :smiley:

1 Like

Loving :heart: on Vinyl…the guitar break on A House Is Not A Motel …is just magic
Love - Forever Changes

26 Likes

Another decent new release

3 Likes

Deacon Blue - Raintown

Simple songs performed well is always a recipe for success, and this is the album that launched Deacon Blue to fame. Sounds as good now as when I first bought it, arguably better sounding due to the investment in gear :grinning:

18 Likes

Jonell Mosser - Enough Rope - CD (2001)

3 Likes

Some after dinner Bruce Soord to continue the modern proggy vibe this evening.

3 Likes

A new release of songs by Messiaen. Has that typical ‘other worldly’ quality and is very good

6 Likes

Sorting through some voice/electronica records for the ‘go pile’.

L to R:

My Brightest Diamond - None More Than You

FKA Twigs s/t

Aurora - A Different Kind Of Human

Twigs and MBD stay. Aurora goes.

4 Likes

1st run

1 Like

Some Nick Cave, of the more obscure variety.

4 Likes

Morcheeba | Big Calm | 1998
Keeping on chilling with Morcheeba.
A-10398-1533078414-2771

18 Likes

Ok that’s going my list of albums to play. Not listened to Morcheeba in ages.

Boz Scaggs 2004 CD Rip to FLAC - Greatest Hits Live - at the Great American Music Hall 2003.

14 Likes

Scritti Politti - double vinyl. We’ve seen far too little of Green Gartside who produces sophisticated pop music of the highest quality imo. Formed in Leeds as well.

8 Likes

The Wu Tang Clan - Wu Tang Forever

6 Likes

Genesis - … And Then There Were Three.

20 Likes

The last of the great Santana line ups….Leon Thomas on vocals….this an instrumental. Recorded in Japan……and still not all released😥

17 Likes

Time for some Canadian rock

3 Likes

Zero 7. 2001.

My wife discovered these guys during lockdown. Very impressive. If you can stream, give this a try.

10 Likes