What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Next up a band with a revolving door for personnel, meaning no 2 releases have the same line up I believe.
For The Journey by Threshold, album #10,

4 Likes

2 x LP - CBS Inc. 1979 : )

Weather Report - 8:30

<<>>

Joe Zawinul – keyboards, ARP Quadra synthesizer bass, Korg Vocoder VC-10, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, percussion
Wayne Shorter – tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone
Jaco Pastorius – fretless bass guitar, percussion; drums on “8:30” & “Brown Street”
Peter Erskine – drums
Erich Zawinul – percussion on “Brown Street”
with
The West Los Angeles Christian Academy Children’s Choir – vocals on “The Orphan”

Live Recordings from Terrace Theatre, Long Beach, California on 28th November 1978

~ < < > > ~

14 Likes

This one is right up there among my top favourite Dylan albums.

13 Likes

:grinning:

Sometimes it takes a bit of blues to lift the blues. Robert Cray at his majestic best :grin:

17 Likes

Noticed others are not so sure but I think it’s really good. An album which creates an atmosphere in which to submerge yourself and forget about the outside world. Vinyl.

14 Likes

There is so much that is extraordinary about this record, sheer virtuosity of Morgan and McLean, but a rhythm section of Paul Chambers and Art Blakey. Vinyl.

15 Likes

IMG_2241

The Stones and their Live At The Wiltern album.

10 Likes

Nilsson - Schmilsson.

17 Likes

17 Likes

Magma - Merci

From the legendary Christian Vander steering a course in 1985 towards disco! Mrs Vander on vocals.

The album was dedicated to John Coltrane - those crazy French.

5 Likes

A random pick from the three different vinyl versions of Computer-World I have - the 1981 Toshiba-EMI LP.

24 Likes

K.D.Lang - Hymns Of The 49th Parallel - CD (2004)

12 Likes

Samara Joy, linger awhile. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

I keep coming back to this track.

2 Likes

Another lovely Soundscape.

2 Likes

More Japanese Kraftwerk on Toshiba EMI vinyl…

20 Likes

Just finished this with a pleasant bottle of red.

Nice way to finish the day.

7 Likes

Sounds good! I used to listen to a bit of Eagles and Don Henleys solo albums years ago, but I didn’t know about this one. First album in the queue for the morning!

2 Likes

UK first press!

15 Likes