What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

As you like Tom Kennedy, may I suggest you this album? He usually has excellent collaborations, his music is fantastic IMO.

6 Likes

John Mayall - Thru the Years

This album includes another fine instrumental piece from Peter Green, Greeny. Before people knew about his out of phase pickups, I can imagine them listening to this piece and thinking “How on Earth…?”

14 Likes

A nice cue @Clive, cheers - I haven’t played this for way too long…

John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers
A Hard Road
Mono
Decca 1966

15 Likes

Just what I need to listen to on a miserable day here. Her version of Here Comes the Rain Again is wonderful on this her 2002 set

4 Likes

Chris Rea - God’s Great Banana Skin - CD (1992)

16 Likes

Moved on to Geddy Lee of Rush and his solo album My Favourite Headache

3 Likes

Oh! It’s Suzi Q, live in Japan in '77, released in the UK for the first time in 2021 for Record Store Day. On white vinyl, too…

11 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - The Snowghost Sessions

Wayne Horvitz (Piano, Amplified Piano, Live Processing, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Hammond B-3, Nord Lead, TX-7, Mellotron), Geoff Harper (Contrabass) and Eric Eagle (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home after coffee with friends and taking Wayne and his trio out for a spin with his album which was released in October 2018 and this trio is sounding sublime! Life is sweet…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Elvin Jones ‘Pookies’ - 3LP set.

7 Likes

Scandi pop perfection on original UK vinyl…

19 Likes

The Beatles - Beatles for Sale

I’m more of a post-Rubber Soul fan really, but then this is just hitting the spot perfectly just now, as do Help, Hard Days Night, With the Beatles and Please Please Me, of course. It’s better to ignore that rubbish about being a post-Rubber Soul fan.

19 Likes

Z Z Top - Eliminator - CD (1983)

23 Likes

Just bought this a couple of weeks ago @TheKevster (£17!!), absolutely love it, first Can. Which one next though?

1 Like

£1.99 from Oxfam…slightly tatty sleeve but ok vinyl. Bought it for the title track, having been to Fairbanks and followed the Alaska pipeline for many miles, and the excellent Uptown Uptempo Women…and quite a star studded band.

3 Likes

Sibelius: Symphony No4, The Wood Nymph, Valse Triste - Gothenburg symphony orchestra, Santiago-Matias Rouvali.

11 Likes

Hi Ian. In this order, you need to purchase…

1. Tago Mago
  2. Future Days
  3. Ege Bamyasi
  4. Monster Movie
  5. Soundtracks
  6. Soon Over Babaluma
  7. Unlimited Edition
  8. Flow Motion
  9. Landed
  10. Saw Delight
  11. The Lost Tapes
  12. Delay 1968
  13. Can (Inner Space)
  14. The Singles
  15. Rite Time
  16. Out Of Reach [approach with caution!]

There are also a number of live albums, ecorded in Brighton, Cuxhaven, Paris, Aston etc

8 Likes

It looks like I need Help.

20 Likes

Sun’s oot over North Yorks.

Estrella’s chilled in the fridge.

Kamado’s got tuna steaks and corncobs on the go.

And a wee bit o’ yon Eurythmics is just what the doctor ordered.

Summer, here we come! :+1:

21 Likes

Pavel Haas Quartet - Dvoĩák: Quintets Op. 81 & 97

9 Likes