What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sting - Brand New Day - CD (1999)

17 Likes

I should listen to Harry again, but of a luv/ hate relationship back in-the day.

2 Likes

The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man - WAV CD rip
I heard a fantastic cover of Bells of Rhymney a few days ago and decided to hear McGuinn’s original. Brilliant album, the jangling of the Rickenbacker as the title track opens the album leads to great musicianship and some wonderful harmonies on a series of classy songs.

20 Likes

I do prefer their earlier work, but this album is superb. I hope you enjoy discovering the rest of their discography!

1 Like

Yeah, he did have his weird moments, but unique in many ways.

French psych oddity on CD

4 Likes

Recorded in 1990 on the Italian label Soul Note, and newly available as a download on Bandcamp. One for @JimDog who I know likes Paul Bley.

1 Like

Improvisational genius.

11 Likes

Can I ask, what is the rack?

Ry Cooder - Election Special - CD (2012)

10 Likes

Hi Teskey
Designed by me and built by my Cabinet Maker. The Vinyl Racks are the same.
They are all constructed of solid Cherry, to match the LP12, Keilidh’s and Fraim. The shelves are 10mm toughened glass.
The LP12 sits on a solid piece of 25mm Quartz which is suspended on 4 Linn Keilidh spikes.

1 Like

Just giving that another listen - sounds good so far.

My favourite by Bley, Haden & Motian is Live in Montreal in 1994 - one of my all time top 10 albums.

They were great friends and musically telepathic.

Explorations - Bill Evans, Scott LaFaro, Paul Motian - 1961

Sunday at the Village Vanguard - Bill Evans, Scott LaFaro, Paul Motian - 1961

The Cellar Door Sessions - Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, John McLaughlin, Michael Henderson, Jack DeJohnette, Airto Moreira, Gary Bartz - 1970

Agharta - Miles Davis, Sonny Fortune, Pete Cosey, Reggie Lucas, Michael Henderson, Al Foster, James Mtumi - 1975

The Montreal Tapes - Charlie Haden, Paul Bley, Paul Motian - 1994

At the Deer Head Inn - Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Paul Motian - 1992

When Will the Blues Leave - Paul Bley, Gary Peacock, Paul Motian - 1999

Inside Out - Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette - 2000

About Time - Paul Bley - 2007

New Hymn to Freedom - Szun Waves (Luke Abbott, Laurence Pike, Jack Wyllie) - 2017

5 Likes

It looks lovely and I bet it sounds great too

1 Like

Last one of the evening

4 Likes

Thank you.
It really does. All my sources are on this rack and I prefer the sound of my LP12 on it to the way it sounded on the Fraim.
The Fraim carries the rest of the Naim boxes.
Both racks perform their roles perfectly for me.

1 Like

This girl is an amazing talent and is going to be the next big thing

7 Likes

Bedtime Tunes: selected by Mrs Q tonight

18 Likes

Laufey, bewitched. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland - WAV CD rip
After Mr Tambourine Man I decided to go for another Dylan cover. OK it takes over an hour of spectacular psychedelic rock and Hendrix’s guitar genius before All Along the Watchtower starts, but that’s great music so it’s fine, then the album closes out with the mystical doom laden ‘Watchtower and then Voodoo Child (slight return), masterpieces both.

25 Likes

A very timely choice :grin:

1 Like