What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Still one of my all time favourite bands.
They had to sing it properly in the first place in order to have something to mime over, right…? :man_shrugging:t4: :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this can be called a side project, as Rush technically ceased to exist before Alex founded Envy of None.
I really like this album though and am hoping it isn’t a one off… :crossed_fingers:t4:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Another of the 1980s mono DMM vinyl cuts. This is a more refined listen than the AHDN I played earlier, but I still definitely prefer the 2014 McGee all-analogue mono. But the music, however you listen to it, is peerless.

22 Likes

Some more DM … Violator

CD rip | 1990

16 Likes

What an excellent review, Taake. Well done.

1 Like

I made the mistake of pre-ordering without noticing the release date was after I saw him at York, my brother-in-law bought it from the merch stand and I’m waiting for mine to be released.

Leo Green. Straight up. CD. Well recorded.

“Leo, son of the famous jazz musician, Benny Green, has played with Joni Mitchell, Sting, Little Richard, James Brown, Jerry Lee Lewis, Robbie Williams, All Saints and many others. He is Van Morrison’s favourite saxophonist and is a regular member of Jools Holland’s Big Band.” ( Copied this from somewhere I now can’t find)

Aileen McLaughlinVocals (Background)
Alan DarbyGuitar
Anna RossVocals (Background)
Brian KennedyVocals
Ed CobbComposer
Gary BaldwinOrgan (Hammond)
Hazel FernandezVocals
James HallawellKeyboards, Piano
John ThirkellTrumpet
Jools HollandPiano
Julian VerekerMastering
Leo GreenComposer, Horn Arrangements, Mixing, Primary Artist, Producer, Sax (Tenor)
Leslie PhillipsVocals
Marc GiustiHandclapping
Matt HollandHorn Arrangements, Trumpet
Mitsuo TateMixing Assistant
Ralph SalminsDrums, Percussion
Ray GelatoHandclapping
Snake DavisSax (Baritone), Sax (Tenor)
SnowboyPercussion
Steve PearceBass
TJ DavisVocals (Background)

4 Likes

The afternoon’s Beatles bender continues, with yet another 1980s mono DMM cut. These vinyl releases aren’t the last word in finesse, but sometimes they’re fun to listen to.

20 Likes

I liked the White Album DMM. The white vinyl one.

1 Like

Hi @Collywobbles not sure where you got the text from but the picture is of my CD, on my rug!

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got it too (but on black vinyl)

1 Like

Today into classical piano

8 Likes

Hi @QuickSticks - I believe Envy of None are working on another album based on an interview I read with Alex somewhere recently.

1 Like

I had heard similar, but these things don’t always come to fruition. I know Alex is not done with making music and he & Geddy have even talked about doing something Rush flavoured in the future.
We can but wait and see and hope of course… :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Descendents – Cool To Be You
CD rip | 2004

Punk/Pop Punk. Fun album.

4 Likes

Time to take a break from the Fabs, and visit Japan - in this case, the 2-LP Exorcising Ghosts compilation, on 1984 Toshiba-EMI Japanese [of course] vinyl:

11 Likes

Various Artists

The Best Of Bond… James Bond

Edward

17 Likes

Just out from Jazz In Britain - 3CDs of the 70s/80s group led by bassist Dave Green.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - The Studio Albums - 2009 - 2018

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… returning home after coffee with friends then a 2 mile walk including climbing 23 flights of stairs. Now sitting down with a bowl of rasberry yogurt with a sliced banana and blueberries and kicking off the day with a long listen to Mark and he and the band are sounding sublime! A beautiful day…

Yahoo… Life is Sweet!

17 Likes