What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

does the Japan issue with additional tracks not complete the concert?

Opps. Quick internet image search. To lazy to take a photo.

Good photo and nice rug. Lol.

1 Like

Jazz at the Pawnshop - is a cult recording among audiophiles and one of the most appreciated jazz-recordings ever made.
This 2xHD transfer of the original recording, from the original 1/4’, 15 ips CCIR master tape was done on a NAGRAIV-S tape recorder (the some model as used in the original recording). The analog transfer for each HiRez was sampled and an A & B comparisons was made with both the original LP, using the Kronos turntable, as well as the best available CD, using the Nagra HD Dac and DCS Vivaldi DAC, throughout the process.

This 2013 recording is a DSD128 1-bit 2 channel stereo master piece which sounds fantastic.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Max Richter - The New Four Seasons Vivaldi Recomposed

15 Likes

Her show at the Jazz Cafe is great. Check out the link.
https://youtu.be/St7G1F4mu_4?si=bCH3dw4e-Hll-hTa

1 Like

This (a great in-concert performance):

From this:

13 Likes

One of Hank’s best - original 47W63rd NY mono issue (second pressing I think).

10 Likes

Loving this! :grinning:

4 Likes

On CD:-

Iron & Wine - Light Verse

11 Likes

Staying with Avishai…

9 Likes

Tinariwen - Amassakoul - Ltd edition purple vinyl

8 Likes

More Blue Note - original mono issue.

10 Likes

Good pic and good music @A-Fin :+1:t2:

1 Like

Staying with Nina. This odd LP (on green vinyl) features four tracks apiece from Ms Simone, Chris Connor and Carmen McRae. Fantastic sound on this KG cut…

17 Likes

Thanks :pray: I’ve been trying out my new Mullard ECC35 input tubes with vinyl tonight… just wow, they add so much depth to the stage with a lovely organic sound. Very happy :blush:

3 Likes

I’m really happy for you but don’t have a clue about tube amps other than they are supposed to be absolutely wonderful in a headphone rig! My loss and my regret that I never gave them a try.

1 Like

Paisley Underground all girl band from LA from 1985
The Pandoras - Stop Pretending

3 Likes

Never too late :wink:

1 Like

Playing side projects all day has been really fun.
This is probably the last one, the David Bowie led Tin Machine as suggested by friend Simon.

Note:
Just realised I put this post on the wrong thread🙄

12 Likes