What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes! We are living in hope. I ran into a guy putting in a new floor at the place I work yesterday and he saw I was wearing a Rush t-shirt. This started a long discussion. He is sure Alex and Geddy will do something. Maybe flooring guys know something we don’t. More likely he’s just living in hope too.

1 Like

Followed by the best of all ‘Tin Machine II’ worth it for the Roxy Music cover If There Was Something’ and the gorgeous Amlapura.

5 Likes

Apparently……there was more……from band members.

DIIV – Oshin
CD rip | 2012

Some good ol’ shoegaze for this afternoon.

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin - III - CD (deluxe version 1970)

27 Likes

Back to the Beatles, and yet another 1980s DMM vinyl cut:

21 Likes

My Dad was a great lover of Opera and I took him to see Jonas Kaufmann at the Royal Opera House for his 80th birthday. We spent an absolutely enchanting evening together, one of the best time I ever had with my Dad. Unfortunately my Dad passed away in March aged 91.

Listening to Kaufmann brings back wonderful memories of that day with my Dad and although the tears are streaming down my cheeks, I am transported in time to that wonderful time with Dad :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Staying with Avishai, one of his most exciting albums

8 Likes

Tin Machine II

Contains one of my favourite Bowie songs Amlapura - this album was released on Victory Records and soon went out of print which is a pity as it contains some super songs and is better than the debut album.

Respect to @QuickSticks for reminding me that I have this in the collection.

I was lucky to see them in concert at the Brixton Academy.

IMG_9072

11 Likes

Now one of the best live jazz albums

16 Likes

Joining you Garry in some Zep.
Apologies for the tatty cover but its been played rather a lot since I got it in 1978.

Also for all you Zep lovers a video I watched recently about Jimmy’s guitar ability.
Really educational and great footage only 15 mins.
Hope all is well with you mate
Cheers Ian

19 Likes

This is the rather rare 6-LP Mosaic vinyl version of Columbia’s 4-CD “metal spine” box. See you on the other side!

15 Likes

Hi Ian, I’m fine thank you, enjoying the time off, ticking off my list of jobs that need doing :grin: between playing toons, and dodging the rain!

It’s nice to see non pristine album covers, cos to me, it proves that you have enjoyed the records within, which is what it’s all about.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep spinning the records / CD’s

Gary

3 Likes

Probably Herbie’s finest - mono first press with DG on side 1.

19 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti - CD (1975 deluxe edition)

34 Likes

Beautiful soundscapes

6 Likes

A nice companion album from Mojo magazine.

6 Likes

I liked her album Under Branch & Thorn & Tree.

1 Like

Slapp Happy - Ca Va

For a band that had previously used the backing services of Faust and Henry Cow this is much more polished affair.

Some lovely playing from Moore and Blegvad and the wonderful vocals of Dagmar Krause.

6 Likes

Soaking up the relaxed composure of this fabulous Trio :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

6 Likes