What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Liberty stereo pressing.

5 Likes

Kevin Coyne & Dagmar Krause - Babble

The legendary Kevin Coyne with the legendary Dagmar Krause.

10 Likes

In case you haven’t heard it, this is great.

Bley’s first recording (in 1953), which amazingly was a trio with Mingus and Art Blakey.

5 Likes

Paul Simon - Graceland, I haven’t listened to this in a while.

28 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

25 Likes

The Beatles, yellow submarine. :smiling_face:

18 Likes

After a couple of bloody episodes of Tokyo Vice Season 2 chilling with some new splendid Scottish folk form jazz from Fergus McCreadie and trio - Stream. Edition clear vinyl.

4 Likes

Tin Machine - Tin Machine - CD (1989)

35 years ago 31/05/89 David Bowie’s Tin Machine made their live debut at the International Music Awards, New York. Bowie stated that he and his band members joined up “to make the kind of music that we enjoyed listening to” and to rejuvenate himself artistically.

15 Likes

Silly me posted this in the wrong thread, Crowded House Gravity Stairs, new and worth a listen if you’re a fan of the Finn brothers.

14 Likes

My network is down, thank god for the CD

Peter Gabriel, Salisbury Hill is still my favourite track.

32 Likes

TSRTS is my favourite and most played Led Zeppelin album. I love it, especially the rock ‘n’ roll medley in Whole Lotta Love on side four.

3 Likes

Yeah side 1 is put the seat belt on …Rock and Roll …Ok lets go …its just like a wall sound so heavy then Jimmy’s blistering guitar work at the start of Celebration Day .
Side 3 is perfect and I love No Quater when its just Jones and Bonham and Page and how it streaches out.There just so tight playing off each other
Page looked amazing in 1973 with his stage clothes …thats what a rock god should look like …well in my eyes he did :rofl:
If you haven’t watched the video I posted Clive you will love it.I learnt alot about Pages guitar playing style from that .
Wishing you a good day mate
Cheers Ian

unnamed

12 Likes

Another CD, Elton John’s Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirty Cowboy

18 Likes

Good way to start of on a free Friday

6 Likes

Enchanting Handel Flute Sonatas to start the day before work but nearly the weekend

8 Likes

Thanks, I have just watched the video. Although it was subtitled ‘Sloppy or Genius’, it didn’t really address this point, focusing only on the latter in a ‘guitar god’ hero worship manner. When I was 15, I would have gone along with that and would happily have been worshiping at the altar of Mr Page, but fortunately I grew out of that. Playing live he is quite sloppy, possibly due to the ridiculously low position he carries his guitar, but he mostly gets away with it.

2 Likes

Well technically yes if you mean Liam & Elroy who play on the album and are Finn brothers.

Or Finn & Sons as they are now.

1 Like

I stand corrected the Finn family :grin:

PS pretty good album too.

2 Likes

Thought you enjoy that video Clive especially as a guitarist yourself you have better understanding about his ability.
Clapton I rate more but thats just me
Its so hard to have the best all the top guitar players do sometimes special I suppose.

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

I spent years listening to this album, working out the guitar parts, particularly the rock ‘n’ roll medley in Whole Lotta Love and Dazed and Confused after the violin bow section. So many hours wasted! I even got someone with a reel to reel recorder to record D&C at 15 ips then copy onto cassette at 7 1/2 ips, thereby reducing it to half speed, but an octave lower. I’m not sure it helped as the noise seemed to increase. It was only as my playing improved that I could hear what was being played. I still have that cassette upstairs!

21 Likes