What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

An absolute joy, this. Great music, great pressing.

Sun Ra Arkestra directed by Marshall Allen
Live at Babylon Istanbul
In and Out Records
Autograph edition.

The great Marshall Allen who had his 100th birthday last week.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Kraftwerk, trans europe express

24 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Sgt Howie!

also know as Edward Woodward born on 1st June 1930 in Croydon, England :uk:

Edward Albert Arthur Woodward OBE (1930-2009)

10 Likes

Nice one @steviebee :+1: First time to see another In & Out Record here, they do a really nice job

2 Likes

Some from this before neighbours screams…

18 Likes

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon - CD (1970)

14 Likes

Nick drake, bryter layter
Bryter_Layter

24 Likes

Isaac Guillory. Live. 1988.

My wife bought this after a concert of his back in the day. I’ve not heard much playing like this. Extraordinary.
Sadly he died in 2000. Bluesy folk?

5 Likes

Recorded 19/04/1965

7 Likes

5 Likes

Deacon Blue - Whatever You Say, Say Nothing

6 Likes

Céline Dion, my love - essential collection. Feel like a bit of Céline Dion on a cold 3c morning down under. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Chant down Nuclear War…

‘If they push that button
Your ass got to go
Whatcha gonna do
…without your ass?’

Sun Ra & His Outer Space Arkestra
Nuclear War
A Fireside Chat With Lucifer
Modern Harmonic 2020

6 Likes

Sue Foley, one guitar woman. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Time to give the Nak its weekly workout, as well as ending the day with some choice laughs:

15 Likes

Roberta Flack, chapter two. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Green Carnation - A Blessing In Disguise (from the 2004 Trilogy box-set, limited edition)

Arguably one of the premier examples of the awful album art being an inversion of the superlative quality of the music contained therein. So, how do you follow up a 60-miunte single track emotional epic ala their last record? By putting out an album of catchy, straight-up rockers that is all thriller and no filler. Green Carnation distills their music into its core elements, providing equal parts city-leveling riffs, fluid solos, surging vocals and soulful ballads, all stitched together with head-noddin’ song writing chops.

I didn’t make the connection at the time as I wasn’t too familiar with his oeuvre, but after delving into Bruce Dickinson’s catalog I can say with hindsight that A Blessing In Disguise not only captures the bombastic, addictive quality of Accident of Birth/Chemical Wedding-era Dickinson, but dare I say it, out does it. Heretical as it may sound but A Blessing In Disguise is a bonafide masterpiece, one that the metal community has all but slept on these past 20 years. Do yourself a favor and give this a spin, and you too will marvel at how a gem can gleam so brightly with such little attention.

Still need convincing? How about this pressing being nigh-perfect, offering a gargantuan sound-stage full of air and detail, giving vocals a spooky holographic quality that’s normally the domain of over-priced audiophile re-issues? Oh yes, the sound quality does indeed the music quality. Just, you know, ignore the woeful album cover.

3 Likes

Giving Teddy Swims I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy another spin it’s Mrs Pete’s favourite new album

6 Likes

Carpenters Singles

22 Likes