What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

and, there is the rub, the 2012 RM version is not a cheap find these days, I keep on searching….

1 Like

Anthrax Indians was great. I think I bought the single - ? - I’ll have to check my 45’s box. At that time, I didn’t expect a metal group (all that macho rubbish, or Satan bs) to give two hoots about indigenous peoples…

1 Like

So few likes?

May not be Klaus’s best album, but I always feel each track could have stood as backing music for the perfumes adverts - very cleverly done.

On CD:-

Robert Plant - Pictures at Eleven

15 Likes

Ultravox - Rage in Eden

Something uptempo to accompany today’s to-do list.

16 Likes

R.N.A Organism - R.N.A.O Meets P.O.P.O. Late seventies Japanese experimental music, with hints of dub, psyche, electronic etc. More listenable than you might think.

5 Likes

I think it’s a ‘Live Album’ on vinyl day.
Kicking off with Dire Straights - Alchemy
One of only 2 albums of theirs I actually own, the other being Brothers in Arms

20 Likes

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
On CD

15 Likes

All Saints. 2000. Quality pop.

3 Likes

Puja Hits 79.
HMV 1979

This just appeared in my record collection sometime in the 80’s. No idea where it came from, no cover and translucent orange vinyl…it’s great!

Google says Puja means ‘homage, adoration, worship’…so religious songs, then. When I first found it, I assumed it was Bollywood songs, lol.

5 Likes

Battles - EP C/B EP. Math rock. Go figure.

5 Likes

Led Zep
Orlando To Osaka 1971
Live
Oxide Audio CD

(Typed Asaka first, lol…brainwashed, see!)

Playing the Osaka set. Sounds good :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Next live album: Wings - Wings Over America

15 Likes

Suzi Quatro - Suzi Quatro - CD (1973)

Happy :birthday: Birthday, Suzi Quatro. 03/06/50

American rock singer-songwriter Suzi Quatro, who had the 1973 UK No.1 single ‘Can The Can’, plus 10 other UK Top 40 singles, and the 1979 US No.4 single with Chris Norman, Stumblin’ In’. Quatro was the first female bass player to become a major rock star, breaking a barrier to women’s participation in rock music.

15 Likes

That is interesting, thanks. Reminds me of an interview I read recently with Jesse Armstrong who wrote most of Succession. He said that the hardest thing to get right in writing or performing a piece of work was getting the right tone, if that was wrong then the piece would not be successful. He then went on to say that tone is pretty impossible to describe!

Midnight Oil – Red Sails In The Sunset
CD rip | 1984

6 Likes

Brenda Lee - 1973 - New Sunrise - Label - MCA - OC Vinyl

This is Brenda’s 20th studio album produced by Owen Bradley. It has cover’s of My Love, Your Are The Sunshine of My Life, Everybody’s Had the Blues & Slipping Away.

Brenda Lee is an artist who has sold over 100 million records globally and achieved her first Billboard hit aged twelve. She is an absolute legend in both country and rockabilly music.

4 Likes

New Order - Technique - 1989

It’s the summer of '24 as far as I’m concerned … :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

2 x CD - Sequel Records 1999 : )

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (The Singles Anthology 1970-1990)

<<>>

Curtis Mayfield was born on this day in 1942

born on 3rd June 1942 in Chicago, Illinois :us:

Curtis Mayfield 1942-1999

17 Likes

Blimey, thinking I had ‘eclectic’ taste, there’s loads of stuff on this thread I’ve never heard or even heard of :hot_face:

After an interruption finally back to where I was last night in my box set

6 Likes