What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Black Sabbath. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. 1973.

21 Likes

Luv em……i remember stumbling on them with the Sydney, Australia video of their gig. Just bonkers, great musicians, the humour.
@Pete_the_painter worth a watch on youtube if you have not seen them live.

2 Likes

Next up Judie Tzuke - Road Noise The Official Bootleg

6 Likes

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home from coffee with friends and taking Andy with his fabulous quintet out for a spin and they are sounding sublime! Life is sweet…

10 Likes

I read this and realised the dates didn’t make sense. He was actually born on 05/05/41, making him 75 at death as you wrote.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

I played their last, Endless River, earlier on whilst painting. Now tidying up I’m playing their first from 1967. I think Endless River is better than many people say. I’ve enjoyed both today.

19 Likes

I’m enjoying this @seakayaker Something quite different for me!

1 Like

Al Stewart

Year Of The Cat

Edward

22 Likes

Couldn’t believe that they played York last year, and I only found out three weeks after the gig.

Bugger! :rage: :rage:

1 Like

Pure Pleasure vinyl reissue. It’s the third of June, of course…

16 Likes

Thanks Clive, it’s me not paying attention…`amended, I’m going to blame the weather. it’s very warm today.

1 Like

Ian Hunter - You’re Never Alone With A Schizophrenic - CD (1979)

Happy Birthday Ian Hunter - 03/06/39

13 Likes

Hard to believe he was 33 when Mott finally had a hit with All the Young Dudes.

5 Likes

Perhaps I should join with this

9 Likes

My old classmate from school, Pazza, on guitar. Gifted guy, he gets a lot session, TV and film score work. As well as being a great jazz player.

1 Like

2020 double vinyl reissue of one of the greatest albums ever made…

13 Likes

Ian Hunter - Shrunken Heads - CD (2007)

8 Likes

One of the greats and a sad loss.
From his last album when sometimes he was in pain and had to lie on the studio floor with a microphone.A touching song reflecting on his life
R.I.P Curtis Mayfield

12 Likes

Enjoying on CD

Herbie Hancock - Thrust

9 Likes

The Grateful Dead
Live Dead
Warner US promo, 1969

Oh my oh my…as brilliant now as when I first heard it…

12 Likes