What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Gary Moore - After Hours, the track “The Story Of The Blues” is a particular favourite.

18 Likes

I see your Ian Hunter and raise you another release by Ian Hunter…
2009 CD Rip to FLAC Man Overboard.

11 Likes

Ian Hunter - Overnight Angels

From 1977 his third album and such a great record but probably one of the worst produced albums of all time. Hang about produced by Roy Thomas Baker so that makes sense.

9 Likes

Oh, go on then…

17 Likes

My favourite Gary Moore album :+1:, Probably give it a spin tomorrow.

2 Likes

Buddy Holly - The Chirping Crickets

8 Likes

REM - Dead Letter Office
An album of unreleased material

13 Likes

Bert Jansch. Avocet. 1979. Danny Thompson on bass. Relaxing.

" Jansch’s work influenced many artists, especially Jimmy Page, Mike Oldfield, Paul Simon, Pete Hawkes, Nick Drake, Donovan, and Neil Young. He received two Lifetime Achievement Awards at the BBC Folk Awards:". Wiki.

11 Likes

Prince - Around The World In A Day, haven’t listened to this for some time.

16 Likes

Well why not……still sounding good imo

9 Likes

Ebba Bergkvist & The Flate Tire Band.

1 Like

Magic, as ever, from Wyatt. I think there may be an extended version of this CD (to include a Peel session) but this is the one I have. Uniti Core.

2 Likes

cover

2 Likes

Talk Talk Spirit of Eden Rehearsal Tape

9 Likes

More great Wyatt. Uniti Core

6 Likes

:+1:

Neil Diamond - Dreams, a covers album.

9 Likes

Bedtime Tunes
Taylor Swift - Evermore

10 Likes

The Beatles, Abbey Road. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath Vol. 4 (2003 re-issue)

Off all the Sabbath albums I own Vol. 4 is probably the one I reach for the least and listening to it after having it sit fallow on the shelf reminded me why: it’s bland. Okay, lower your pitch-forks, it’s still a commendable album with a few classics strewn about like Supernaut" and “Snowblind” but the move away from their sludgier, heavier sound from their first few albums to the Beatles-esque, affable up-beat tunes laid down here doesn’t do the band any favors. Thankfully they righted the ship with follow up Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, an album I much prefer to spin.

No such issues with this pressing, however, as with all the Earmark releases from this era the sound-quality is beyond reproach.

17 Likes