What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy - 1985

Hey, no work tomorrow. A sublime album of feedback and Beach Boys ditties. Taylor Swift think on.

14 Likes

Just realised I’d not listened to the OKNOTOK remastered edition. One of my all time favourite albums.

Radiohead OK Computer

25 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA - CD (1984)

Happy 40th :birthday: Birthday, ‘Born In The USA’, which was released 40 years ago today, the 4th June 1984, becoming the best-selling album of 1985 in the United States (and also Springsteen’s most successful album ever). The album produced a record-tying string of seven Top 10 singles

23 Likes

God 40 years ago, no wonder I feel old. :grin:

I was meant to see that tour in Sydney but for some strange reason gave my tickets to my brother. Doh.

2 Likes

Pat Metheny + Dave Holland + Roy Haynes Question And Answer / 1990 Geffen / England CD / GFLD19197

10 Likes

Richard Thompson - Ship to Shore. First listen. Starts with the line “Another day without a dream”. Not cheered up then, Richard.

11 Likes

Giving this Aussie outfit a listen this morning.
Mrs Q liking them too…

3 Likes

One of Pat’s best IMO. A simple jazz trio is quite refreshing after the PMG albums.

Pink Floyd - Animsls

First the 2018 remix, followed by the 1977 original. I remember how exciting the 2018 version sounded when I first heard it, seeming so much more revealing than the original, enabling me to hear things which had previously been buried in the mix. However, played in this order, it’s surprising how ‘comfortable’ it feels listening to the original, which I grew up with. It’s a brilliant album, whichever version, of course.

31 Likes

I absolutely agree @clive.
I appreciate all the benefits gained from the 2018 remaster/remix, but the 1977 is still my favourite. It’s like a comfortable pair of old shoes😊

4 Likes

Very true, however he does complicated so well too. Many of his musical arrangements and structures are masterful like no other.

2 Likes

First, Bjarne Nerem - Mood Indigo

Now, David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees

Both vinyl.

The latter getting me moving.

5 Likes

Lovely Mozart
Symphony 40 @ 41

13 Likes

Ian Hunter

Ian Hunter

The long version of Boy is my favourite song on this album.

Edward

12 Likes

Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers Moanin’
/ 2008 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724349532427

18 Likes

Beethoven - Complete Cello Sonatas

Vinyl.

Tortelier/Heidsieck.

5 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy.

19 Likes

Sounding great on CD
The Pixies - Wave Of Multilation - The Best Of The Pixies

9 Likes

This album just gets better.

1 Like

Has been said this song is about Bowie - as with all songs you can read into them many things - but there are quite a few links with Bowie - there again it could be biographical about him leaving Mott the Hoople.

1 Like