What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

@Tabbycat

Laughing Stock and Your Mind And We… were my introduction to Love in 1968 - it was an ear-&-mind opener of a single. Just brilliant.

Great CD!

4 Likes

Late arvo classic jazz from the coulda shoulda been great trumpeter Clifford Brown with two 1953 sets - Memorial Album on mid 80sBlue Note reissue. Sublime playing that surely influenced those to come.

9 Likes

Various Artists

Star Trek Strange New Worlds Season 2 - Subspace Rhapsody (Original Series Soundtrack)

Edward

2 Likes

Willie Nelson - The Border - CD (2024)

Willie’s 75th album.

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Richard Thompson - Ship To Shore

Richard Thompson (Guitars, Mandolin, Accordion), Michael Jerome (Drums, Percussion), Taras Prodaniuk (Bass), Bobby Eichorn (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), David Mansfield (Fiddle) and Zara Phillips (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… after a sleep in this morning I’m kicking off this morning with this new release, May 30th, from Richard and he and the band are sounding mighty fine on the opening track!

12 Likes

Been there and done that, not with Bruce, but Dire Straits, if only we knew then what we know now, can still see Bruce, can’t see the Straits……

2 Likes

Bob James Foxie / 2015 Tappan Zee / Japan CD / VICJ61725

3 Likes

Wonderful music as ever produced by Adrian Sherwood. Dedicated to the memory of Ari Up and featuring women from around the world many of whom, apparently, thought Dub something of a male preserve. Packaging on the vinyl is beautiful. One of those pleasure to own and look at records.

5 Likes

Jerry Goldsmith

Star Trek First Contact (Soundtrack)

IMG_0045

Edward

3 Likes

Now playing…

Vince Gill - Down To My Last Bad Habit

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Acoustic Guitar), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Bekka Bramlett (Vocal Harmony), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Cam (Vocals), Eric Darken (Percussion), Fred Eltringham (Drums, Percussion), Karen Fairchild (Vocals), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), |Corrina Gill (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Tony Harrell (Accordion, Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ellie Holcomb (Vocal Harmony), Dann Huff (Electric Guitar), Kirk “Jelly Roll” Johnson (Harmonica), Steve Jordan (Drums, Percussion), Charlie Judge (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kim Keyes (Vocal Harmony), Alison Krauss (Vocal Harmony|), Dean Parks (Electric Guitar), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Kimberly Schlapman (Vocals), Phillip Sweet (Vocals), Jenny Van Valkenburg (Vocal Harmony), Pete Wasner (Wurlitzer), Willie Weeks (Bass), Jimi Westbrook (Vocals), Charlie Worsham (Vocal Harmony) and Reese Wynans (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)…continuing on this morning with Vince Gill with the very talented group of musicians working with him and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Sherwood showing there’s much more to him than dub reggae. Volume 2 is also excellent. Vinyl.

4 Likes

I’ve owned volume 1 of this for years and hadn’t twigged there was a volume 2 until I saw it on here. I bought it used on eBay and it’s excellent.

8 Likes

Really enjoying this end to end listen.

4 Likes

Jazz lovers celebrate Shelly Manne for his contributions to the iconic west coast sound. The masterful arrangements and singular musicianship of Jazz From The Pacific Northwest presents Shelly Manne through a decidedly new lens – a world of sound that cannot be narrowly defined by a specific region or musical subgenre. Manne laid the foundation of precision, freshness, adventurousness, and openness that generations of musicians since have aspired to, and this release goes far to cement Manne’s posture as a true pioneer of the jazz artform.

8 Likes

David Crosby - If Only I could Remember My Name - CD (1971)

18 Likes

Two masters of music, Beecham and Sibelius…
The Oceanides and Tapiola

Sir Thomas Beecham conducting
The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
HMV Concert Classics

11 Likes

Bireli Lagrene Inferno / 1987 Blue Note / US CD / CDP7480162

2 Likes

New York Rock and Soul Review. Rather good imho.

The New York Rock and Soul Revue: Live at the Beacon is a live album which documented the New York Rock and Soul Revue. It was recorded on March 1 and 2, 1991 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City, a favorite venue of organizer Donald Fagen. The performances featured Fagen and included Phoebe Snow, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, Eddie Brigati, David Brigati and Charles Brown.

5 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure

22 Likes

Psychic Temple - Plays Planet Caravan

Big fan of Chris Schlarb’s outfit they have done some great stuff - all on Bandcamp.

4 Likes