What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Confetti Records 2024 reissue, which arrived yesterday:

17 Likes

@Debs @GeoffC Basically my introduction to jazz a long time ago, what a lovely album that is!

3 Likes

Barclay James Harvest - Everyone Is Everybody Else
Tonight’s concert from 50 years ago at the Greyhound Croydon was Barclay James Harvest and Rare Bird.

18 Likes

I always remember him for More Great Moments in Vinyl History:

which features a superlative version of Dancing in the Dark by Jim Eldon:

I’ve never seen the predecessor volume - Great Moments in Vinyl History.

3 Likes

Played disk 1 of this 2 disc box set a few days ago. Thought I’d play disc 2 today😊

9 Likes

I only played this CD yesterday, but dammit, it’s so good I had to play it again today…

9 Likes

I have Great Moments on Vinyl and More Great Moments on CD. Both definitely worth having. Impossible to resist Surfin’ Dave, so much so I bought his album. The compilations confirm what a great show Kershaw’s was.

The Beatles - Beatles 1967-1970 - CD ( 2023 remastered edition)

Can’t play one without the other

25 Likes

This is new out, reviewed in today’s Observer and would definitely have been a Kershaw favourite. Giving it a go now and it sounds wonderful on the Qobuz stream.

4 Likes

Hardly ever play this, and still not convinced?

24 Likes

Richard and Linda Thompson - I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight - Tidal 16/44
(From the Hard Luck Stories set.) It’s an album of very downbeat beauty. Linda’s voice is in great shape, blending well with Richard, their singing and his masterful guitar work illuminate a set of songs which are bleak in the extreme, and yet are glorious.

13 Likes

Nothing but Thieves, Broken Machine. Recently discovered this album and band from Southend-on-Sea after a recommendation… I’ve listened to it a few times now and am really enjoying this great rock album.

3 Likes

Might be my favourite ‘guitar hero’ moment of all time?

5 Likes

Two days gardening and now chillin outside the cabin, Manu Delago providing the tunes.

Lady Blackbird - Slang Spirituals
5 track EP
The new album Slang Spirituals is due 13th September

9 Likes

CD #1 from this set – contains Satch and His All-Stars as recorded live in 1947, 1948 and 1954 in NYC, Chicago and San Francisco:

8 Likes

I’ll have a bit of that. CD

12 Likes

Zero 7 - When It Falls

An album where every track is solid gold.

IMG_9104

13 Likes

Interesting rather than essential. I really like it. Nice to see some familiar tracks taking shape. Uniti Core.

3 Likes

Various - BlueNote Plays The Beatles CD

10 Likes