What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

John Cale - Guts

A compilation of classic Cale songs. Great album cover and title .

The song Guts is about Kevin Ayers.

IMG_9105

7 Likes

16-bit/44kHz. Remarkably, this was their first gig together.

8 Likes

Change of pace

Chrissie Hynde with The Valve Bone Woe Ensemble - Valve Bone Woe.

11 Likes

The first Joe Walsh solo album….some great tunes

15 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Some Girls - CD (1978)

‘Some Girls’ is 46 years old today 09/06/78, The Rolling Stones released ‘Some Girls’, their first studio album recorded with Ronnie Wood as a full member. The album cover was designed by Peter Corriston and featured The Stones in garish drag alongside select female celebrities and lingerie ads. The cover immediately ran into trouble when Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Liza Minnelli (representing her mother Judy Garland), Raquel Welch, and the estate of Marilyn Monroe threatened legal action.

23 Likes

Little Village - Little Village

Fine performances: vocals from John Hiatt, guitar from Ry Cooder and a solid bottom end from Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner.

Despite what you might have read this is an excellent album. What makes it exceptional is the production and sound quality.

For a 16 bit recording the bass, depth and soundstage on this album is amazing.

13 Likes

The Fixx : Every Five Seconds. Released in 2022. Not many bands sound as fresh 40 years after their debut album. Worth checking out if you missed this one.

4 Likes

Agree.

1 Like

6 Likes

John Martyn - Solid Air

24 Likes

Van Morrison - Accentuate The Positive, Mr Grumpy covers well known rock’n’roll tunes, sings well, and seems to be enjoying himself.

8 Likes

12 Likes

The English Concert, pachelbel, canon & gigue: the arrival of the queen of Sheba. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears - CD (2003)

15 Likes

9 Likes

Some, zenzile: the imagination of Miriam Makeba. I know where she stashes her cash. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

With a population of some 2.8 million I wonder has anywhere produced so much wonderful music per head of population as Jamaica? Think this would be classed as prime Perry. Certainly is in our house. Uniti Core.

9 Likes

I remember my first listen and thinking how tight they sounded, and then you told us that. I’m still stunned how well they meshed on first meting.

4 Likes

Rebecca Pidgeon, the raven. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

7 Likes