What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lucius - Wildewoman (The New Recordings)

Another new release put forward by Roon after listening to the Bonny Light Horseman album… and another good one!

3 Likes

Originally released in 1975 before ‘The Roches’ became a thing. Stellar album.

Maggie and Terre Roche
Seductive Reasoning
Columbia US reissue 1981

6 Likes

Miss Swift and The Tortured Poets Department
On White Vinyl.

Hardly flaming June, it’s raining hard enough to put out fires…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

6 Likes

Some Fink to kick off the day…

14 Likes

Gravity Stairs,Crowded House,giving cd a spin first,sounding pretty good.

5 Likes

Brainticket - Psychonaut. Does what it says on the tin, basically. Led by Joel Vandroogenbroek, a Belgian jazz pianist (he won the Art Tatum prize for best young jazz pianist at 15, and performed with the Quincy Jones Orchestra amongst others) who discovered Krautrock and went for it. This is their second album, not quite up there with the first (Cottonwoodhill,1970), but I’d listen to a lot worse in order to hear Jean Muir’s vocals.

4 Likes

tami neilson, so very special!

2 Likes

I love this album. The sentiments have never been more relevant than now

1 Like

Siouxsie & The Banshees – Through The Looking Glass
vinyl|1987

12 Likes

@patk

Wonderful album. Still possibly (cos I haven’t heard em all) the best covers album ever released :purple_heart:

1 Like

Talking Heads – Live At WCOZ 77
Vinyl|2024

Record Store Day 2024 release. Double album, 45rpm. First listen, really enjoyable.

13 Likes

Thought I’d join the Siouxsie & The Banshees appreciation society that’s been running of late, but couldn’t decide which album to play so I cheated.

What a great collection of songs.

15 Likes

Nazareth. Greatest Hits. Not heard this in decades. They were great fun. Some proper rock and roll and good ballads. Plus a great version of Joni’s “This Flight Tonight.”.

5 Likes

A newly-acquired CD. Eliot Zigmund and the ever-loyal Eddie Gomez join in on drums and bass respectively.

10 Likes

I know where you’re coming from, that’s one of the big differences from debut albums, from 70s and 80’s they sound raw, they had their chance and they were taking it, nowadays everything has to be perfect from the off, suppose, we expect it now.

2 Likes

Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll - CD (1998)

6 Likes

1967 and The Electric Prunes (the original band, not the Axelrod studio stuff - good in parts tho that is).
Their second album, Underground.
(Dr Do Good is a great track!)

Their first (I Had Too Much To Dream) and this second LP are terrific.

The Electric Prunes
Underground
Reprise US first press

6 Likes

Now playing…

Bonnie Light Horseman - Keep Me On Your Mind/See You Free

Anaïs Mitchell (Vocals, (Guitar), Eric D. Johnson (Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Piano, Banjo), Josh Kaufman (Guitar, Piano, Wurlitzer, Mandolin, Vocals, Synthesizer, Harmonica, Harmonium, Organ, Keyboards, Loops, Tambourine, Hammond Organ, Vibraphone), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Congas), Mike Lewis (Bass), Saxophone, Vocals), Annie Nero (Bass, Vocals), Nathan Vanderpool (Vocals, Guitar), Cameron Ralston (Bass, Vocals, Guitar), Levis Town Chorus (Vocals), Molly O’Mahony (Tambourine) and Gillian Pelkonen (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with another listent to the latest album from the Bonnie Light Horseman and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

15 Likes

Posted this before but it’s so good I couldn’t resist posting it again. Megan Henwood - Head Heart Hand. Singer songwriter, great songwriting and a fantastic voice. You might like this @davidng. Maybe I’ve recommended it before? Memory’s not what it was.

2 Likes

Still buzzing from Saturdays Smashing Pumpkins gig at the O2

13 Likes