What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

CD. The most interesting tracks here are the “after hours” small group and Duke solo recordings… the main concert is good but the recording ain’t great:

4 Likes

18 Likes

Habibi - Dreammachine

Another Indie/Rock new release. Sounding good!

4 Likes

Joan Armatrading - Joan Armatrading - CD ( 1976)

18 Likes

Habibi is the name of one of our cats.
He was a rescue from Alexandria, Egypt and came with the name and we chose not to change it.

4 Likes

Recently been watching ‘Eric’ on Netflix with Benedict Cumberbatch, last nights episode included ‘A Forest’; this is the first Cure album I bought when I was an impoverished student and despite the cover being a bit battered it plays perfectly. Still one of my favourites by the band.

10 Likes

Vini Vici - Part of the Dream

Feel the need for something a bit more up tempo!

3 Likes

Erasure – The Two Ring Circus
CD rip | 1987

7 Likes

Getting Lost in Music with some Sister Sledge :smile:

Sister Sledge - We Are Family

11 Likes

Garbage | 1995
I tripped over their single Stupid Girl while surfing, so got their eponymous debut album out of the library, very hard to believe it’s coming up to 30 years old.

12 Likes

2015 vinyl. Haven’t heard this LP in ages, and I’d forgotten there are some absolute bangers on it…

10 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.

14 Likes

Lucy Rose, Work It Out… this vinyl copy of the album took a bit of searching out without having to pay silly money. Definitely worth the effort.

6 Likes

World Party - Goodbye Jumbo

13 Likes

On CD. In the mood for some heavy industrial riffage.

5 Likes

Nearly 30 years, crazy! It certainly makes me feel my age…

2 Likes

Another LP I haven’t listened to in ages, which is – again – holding up well.

11 Likes

My favourite JH album

1 Like

Stellar album indeed with a top-notch bunch of musicians. Including Ann Odell who worked with Roxy Music and Japan.

Thought you had posted a new one for me until I realised it was different cover art.

Some great posts tonight - well done.

IMG_9107

2 Likes

They changed the cover for the reissue, Andy. I found that out on Wikipee as the reissue is the only copy I’d ever seen or owned.

1 Like