What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Keith Jarrett - Belonging - CD (1974)

Thanks to a more knowledgeable mate, this was the first Keith Jarrett I ever really listened to and subsequently purchased, hard to believe that was 50 years ago…

10 Likes

Mercy me…

Free
Tons Of Sobs
Island

17 Likes

Kevin Godley - Muscle Memory - CD (2020)

5 Likes

What a woman! A great singer, songwriter and a style icon. Probably France’s greatest ever pop star…

… and quite likely THE coolest person to have emerged in that coolest of decades, the 1960s. Here’s an entirely gratuitous shot of her in THAT Paco Rabanne dress…

20 Likes

The late Kirsty McColl. Best of.

Anyone who has seen Elvis down the Chip Shop is ok with me.

11 Likes

Opiuo - Omniversal

2 Likes

Sounding rather good on vinyl
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert

16 Likes

Annie Lennox | Diva | 1992
The wonderful Annie Lennox does need playing this fine evening. What a cracking debut solo album.

15 Likes

s-l960
Elton John - Too Low For Zero, an early eighties return to form, which coincided with a reunion with his original band.

13 Likes

One of Bowie’s muses it is said.

LP - Warner 1979 : )

Chrissie Hynde – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Martin Chambers – drums, percussion, backing vocals
Pete Farndon – bass guitar, backing vocals
James Honeyman-Scott – lead guitar, keyboards, backing vocals

Recorded at Wessex Studios, and Air Studios, London 1979

<>

Pete Farndon was born in Hereford, England, on this day in 1952

Must be in my top ten all time favourite rock albums, albeit so blighted by the tragic deaths of Pete Farndon who died of heroin overdose in April 1983, aged 30, and James Honeyman-Scott who died of cocaine overdose the previous year in June 1982, aged just 25.

20 Likes

Radiohead - The King Of Limbs - CD (2011)

15 Likes

A rare vinyl night (the night that is, not the vinyl alas :slightly_smiling_face:) The Redskins

3 Likes

Spreading a zen like calm with the Chipster. Chip Wickham Blue to Red. His homage to spiritual jazz featuring the lovely and talented harpiste Amanda Whiting. Lovemonk (?) vinyl.

8 Likes

Klaus schulze, timewind

12 Likes

Annie Lennox | Bare | 2002
Going through a different phase in her life, this is another great album and as always that stunning voice…

14 Likes

Brandi Carlile – In These Silent Days
CD rip | 2021

10 Likes

The Waterboys - Fisherman’s Blues

14 Likes

Bob Dylan - Reel Live.

6 Likes

Was going to listen to the newly acquired John Mayall cd box set in Chronological order but thought nah so picked one at random, just got to make sure I re-box them in some fathomable order, as I’ll never remember which I’ve played.

7 Likes