What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Back to Francoise, and 1971’s La Question, perhaps her most acclaimed album.

Here’s another gratuitous shot of her, in about 1970 visiting London.

16 Likes

Lunatic soul, fractured
Lunatic_Soul_Fractured_cover_art.jpeg

7 Likes

I have been trying to listen to Paul Weller playing live on R2. Unfortunately Mrs Bruss has been ‘listening’ with me. First Mrs B has commented on how bad Jo Riley is as an interviewer. I agree but I don’t want to talk about it while Mr Weller is playing. Then a friend of Mrs B sends picture of some second hand tat she’s selling, which I have to look at and say what it’s worth. Finally just as Mr Weller starts an excellent cover of a Billie Eilish song, Mrs Bruss gets up, clinks cups to take to the kitchen and asks if she should put the blinds down ( squeaky electric roller blinds) , explaining that she thought she’d ask so as not to disturb me! Rant over, thanks.

4 Likes

if you mean Jo Whiley, she is terrible as an interviewer. She’s a rubbish presenter as well.

5 Likes

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool - CD (2016)

Its 5 years ago that Radiohead scuppered a blackmail attempt by releasing 18 hours of music recorded during the making of their classic album OK Computer. Tapes from the sessions had been stolen by hackers who demanded $150,000 for their return. Instead, the band released the tapes in full, with profits going to climate crisis activists Extinction Rebellion. “For £18 you can find out if we should have paid that ransom,” said guitarist Jonny Greenwood in a statement.

20 Likes

Indeed so incensed I renamed her. :grin:

2 Likes

I always thought that Kev about Jo Whiley reading your comments your not the only one.
These people just get ingrained in their over payed jobs at the bbc for years on end.
I am sure she is a nice person if you were to meet her but for me captivating…nargh
She will be at Glastonbury you can be sure …its all so predictable

1 Like

The excellent Mark Radcliffe is back though, with his folk show, all good. :grin:

1 Like

New York Legends The Ramones
Road To Ruin

13 Likes

The Move - Looking On

1970 Roy Wood brings in Jeff Lynne to record an album that would rival fellow Brummies Black Sabbath in heaviness.

An overlooked gem if you can get past the awful production.

IMG_9115

4 Likes

Who’s Paul Welles? :thinking:

1 Like

Not the most intimate piano recording out there, but it rolls like waves on a beach at any volume.

4 Likes

An excellent 2013 album (compiled by Bob Stanley) of Francoise’s English-language recordings:

13 Likes

Is that the bloke who was on Jo Riley’s show?

5 Likes

Ah, got you. For a moment I thought it had something to do with that irritating, I’m so up my own arse bloke from moanchester. :wink:

1 Like

Lol, other Pauls are available.

1 Like

Loving all this John Mayall stuff. Next up

10 Likes

Van Morrison - Keep It Simple, I always enjoy the guitar playing of Mick Green on this album.

12 Likes

I’m sure Ewe @ewemon, is a fan is his stuff!:sunglasses:

6 Likes