What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

the characteristically elegant Personne d’autre , Françoise Hardy finds herself among the last surviving icons of a certain kind of French pop. Her tone of absent-minded infatuation is tangled up in Parisian iconography; her voice tells us about France in the way Marilyn Monroe’s walk tells us about America. Hardy, too, makes her talent seem effortless, though her longevity hasn’t come by chance.

I read the news today, RIP Françoise.

9 Likes

Françoise Hardy, le premier bonheur du jour. Oh, didn’t realise Françoise has left us. RIP. :pleading_face:

9 Likes

A great write up @Taake, you have piqued my interest, thanks!

2 Likes

David Grey - White Ladder - CD (1998)

Happy Birthday :birthday: David Grey - 13/06/68

David Gray, UK singer, songwriter. His ‘White Ladder’ was the second biggest selling UK album of 2001. He scored the 2000 UK No.5 single ‘Babylon.’

15 Likes

On original vinyl. Not played this for ages and forgotten how good it is. Right up there with their best.

21 Likes

Shpongled - Are You Shpongled?

4 Likes

Some enchanting Vivaldi Wind Concertos before leaving for work

12 Likes

David Knopfler

Last Train Leaving

Edward

3 Likes

3 Likes

I like the price, you’ve had that bit of vinyl a year or two.

1 Like

4 Likes

First listen and I’m half way thought. Not bad. Some elements and remind me of the Agony Scene. One first impressions is that it’s a little to ‘happy’ sounding. IE, major keys and catchy riffs rather than more interesting and abrasive riffs and key changes that I like to hear when listening to death metal.

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Desire

I went to the record rack intending to select something jazzy, but pulled this instead. Bob’s second best album IMO.

18 Likes

An excellent compilation. Peace & Love 100 Hits of Psychedelic Sounds and all for £2.
CD

9 Likes

On CD:-

Bonny Light Horseman - Keep Me On Your Mind/See You Free

15 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed - SACD.

Gimme Shelter?

There is no “Why” … … … There just “Is”.

My all-time favourite Stones’ choon. :musical_note: :notes: :guitar: :drum: :musical_keyboard: :+1:

32 Likes

What a superb album, Andy. You’re costing me a fortune, y’know. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Chris Rea

The Road to Hell

Edward

17 Likes

Ajate and their album Dala Toni

Tokyo based band and Afrobayashi pioneers Ajate are back with their third album: experience the explosive encounter of Afro groove and Japanese traditional Ohayashi music!

Bonkers and magnificent.

2 Likes

I too was a little surprised as I was expecting something more poe faced and “brutal” but a like a bit of melody in my death metal, i.e. Amon Amarth. Thanks for checking it out.

1 Like