What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I used to have a Rega P6 - cover was very nice on that, but they don’t look elegant on the ‘skeletal’ Rega’s.

Time for some Joe Jackson me thinks…

15 Likes

That’s a very good point, I hadn’t thought of that…I still have my Pink Triangle deck, which hasn’t been used since 1985…so it would definitely need a service, and a major upgrade, which after speaking to the guys at PT would be an arm and leg job! :grin:and that was a few years ago.

I do like the look of the Rega range, and if I did/go down the vinyl route again, a listen should be on the cards.

Gary

5 Likes

I hadn’t thought of the Vertere DG-1, so something else to check out and catch up on, thank you.

Gary

2 Likes

Bought this on the recommendation of the Audiophiliac some time ago. He had it on a list of great/favourite recordings (on CD) I recall. It’s very good as you’d expect. Uniti core.

10 Likes

If you can find a way of getting your pt working at its best, at not much money, that might a good start. It might be worth a call into doug brady warrington, I seem to remember that Andrew their tt person runs a pt (i might be wrong). They also stock Rega and Vertere and others…

1 Like

Bedtime Tunes:
Steven Wilson - To The Bone

10 Likes

Blood Orange, Freya Ridings (daughter of pp pigs dad i understand) lovely album! A present from my youngest…

6 Likes

Sometimes nothing else will do.
The Fall.
Room to Live…Undilutable Slang Truth!

5 Likes

6 Likes

Played this ambient album whilst watching the France v Netherlands game earlier on this evening.

5 Likes

cover
Rag ‘n’ Bone Man.

6 Likes

Cara Dillon, coming home. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Loreena McKennitt, the book of secrets. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Sir Mark Elder, Holst: The Planets. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

Santana Abraxas

25 Likes

Susan Tedeschi, just won’t burn. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Rod Stewart Never a Dull Moment, 2 of my favourite tracks True Blue and You Wear it Well.

19 Likes

Bronski Beat - The Age Of Consent - CD (1984)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Jimmy Somerville - 63 today 22/06/61

Jimmy Somerville UK singer, who with Bronski Beat had the 1984 UK No.3 single ‘Smalltown Boy’. With British pop duo The Communards had the 1986 UK No.1 single with a cover version of the Thelma Houston hit ‘Don’t Leave Me This Way’.

15 Likes

Wonderfully atmospheric and contemplative.

2 Likes

81ed9qJY9FL.AC_UY436_QL65
to slowly start my Saturday morning after my walk,

5 Likes