What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lynard Skynard - Second Helping - CD (1974)

18 Likes

Very nice Kev and what a venue to see him again
A superb drummer and always comes over in interviews as a throughly nice chap.
Weather talking music or his amazing car collection
Its lovely that he hasnt faded into retirement and shows being a muscian he loves playing still as he certainly doesn’t need the money
Enjoy your evening
Cheers Ian

3 Likes

Inspired by Kev and his posting of Nick Masons Saucerful Of Secrets and seeing him last night at the Royal Albert Hall gave me a nudge to play some Floyd
The cover is a bit tatty but I have had it since 1975 first hearing at my sisters flat in London as a 10 year old .Were I used to visit with my parents every Saturday and used to play her records.
I borrowed Led Zeppelin 3…Meddle …this and Solid Air by John Martyn and still haven’t returned them :rofl:

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

20 Likes

Now playing…

Sivert Høyem - On An Island

Sivert Høyem (Acoustic Guitar, ElectricGuitar, Guitar Feedback, Tambourine, Vocals), Børge Fjordheim (Drums, Fender Rhodes, Glockenspiel, Percussion, Pump Organ, Vibraphone, Vocals), Cato Salsa (Fender Rhodes, Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Christer Knutsen (Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hi String Guitar, Keyboards, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Spanish Guitar, Vocals), Lise Voldsdal (Violin) and Øystein Frantzvåg (Bass, Fender Rhodes, Pipe Organ, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… after a long and enjoyable sleep I am opening up the day with a bowl of strawberries, raspberries and organic yorgort while easing into the day with the fine voice/music from Sivert and his talented band… and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

More of Mr Mason and his mate Rick Fenn, on the 1987 soundtrack to a Donald Cammell movie, White Of The Eye. It’s OK, if not spectacular.

4 Likes

Just been on the runner and listening to Jonny Walker talking to a PR plugger who has a book out. Pr’d for many from the Stones ,Marley etc, right up to the present. Last track he selected was Sex Pistols God Save the Queen. I’d never heard it on the Naim system. Bloomin’ 'eck It sounds fantastic, got me running even faster, so alive and full of energy.

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Marty Fogel - Many Bobbing Heads, at Last

Marty Fogel (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Marty Fogel (Clarinet), Dean Johnson (Bass), Michael Shrieve (Percussion, Drums) and David Torn (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @AndyP had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening track is sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Watching England struggle in our usual way so have lightened the mood by combining the just delivered.

Deadmous5 - Random Album Title

Thanks again to this forum else I wouldn’t have known about the release date and pre ordered it.

7 Likes

Lovely album, as is almost everything he’s made with his band, Madrugada.

1 Like

A clue please!?

Ryan Adams. 2011. CD.
A relaxing listen while I watch a horror programme on the TV, with no sound. ( Football).

10 Likes

They did a few classics. I Think I Love You is a track that takes me right back to watching the show on a Saturday morning

1 Like

Well, The Album is called They Might Be Giants by They Might Be Giants from 1986

They Might Be Giants Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine from allmuisc.com

They Might Be Giants’ eponymous debut album is a wild fusion of new wave pop and arty post-punk experiments borrowed from the New York underground. It runs through a head-spinning 19 songs in just over 45 minutes, running the gamut from the performance-art schtick of “Chess Piece Face” and “Youth Culture Killed My Dog” to the pure pop of “Don’t Let’s Start” and “Everything Right Is Wrong Again.” While there are a lot of geeky jokes and barely developed ideas scattered throughout the album, the sheer kaleidoscopic array of styles is intoxicating, and it helps the best songs – the Costello-esque “Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head,” the sighing “Hide Away Folk Family,” the stomping “(She Was A) Hotel Detective,” and the gorgeous “She’s an Angel” – stand out in sharp relief.

Who sums the album up pretty well.

4 Likes

Something to distract me from the Slovakian domination in the football
Like you guys watching but no sound on
However fine sound on vinyl…it is such a great recording as you would expect from Alan Parsons being an engineer
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky

15 Likes

Very good choice @seakayaker :wink:

1 Like

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky - CD (1974)

17 Likes

Tim Buckley. Happy Sad. 1969. CD. Not played in ages.

13 Likes

I found the quality of the pressing of Random Album Title to be excellent… possibly one of their best yet! Enjoy :+1:t2:

Oh I remember well - watching that show in afternoon reruns was standard fare as a kid.

1 Like

Bill Nelson - Powertron - CD (2024)

5 Likes