What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

It might sound like hyperbole to suggest that a collection of B-sides warrants the creation of a whole new music label, but that’s precisely what The Felice Brothers have achieved. With this album of overlooked gems, they reinforce their status as one of the most underappreciated bands in the world. Any songwriter worth their salt would envy the luxury of discarding songs of this calibre. If you didn’t know these tracks were initially left off previous albums, you’d be none the wiser. A treasure trove of poetic folk-Americana, the album is really something special.

9 Likes

Anne-Sophie Mutter - Bach, Bologne, Previn, Vivaldi, Williams

9 Likes

I disagree :slight_smile: :wink: it’s amazing, absolutely top drawer.

So thankful for whoever it was that I saw their posting about this release.

1 Like

13 Likes

lol… might have been me. I posted it in the pre-release vinyl thread. When I play it, you forget it’s vinyl, it sounds so clean!!

1 Like

I think you are right, it’s stunning, thank you!

1 Like

Paul McCartney & Wings - CD (2024)

15 Likes

Peter Frampton - Breaking All The Rules

He had just lost his classic Les Paul Black Beauty guitar but despite that the guitar playing is wonderful.

Assisted on the album by Toto’s Steve Lukather and Jeff Porcaro.

IMG_9162

11 Likes

Worst Glasto lineup in my memory. So time to dig out some great 80’s rock/pop/ world fusion sounds.

“don’t walk away” and “Zimbabwe” are stand out tracks but this is an album with no filler!

11 Likes

Mentioned on the Glastonbury thread that Albert Lee was not shown?
Thought i would give him a spin👍

7 Likes

Siouxsie And The Banshees – Nocturne
vinyl|1983

40th anniversary Record Store Day reissue.

17 Likes

How I love the first track, School Days on that LP, the changes in direction bring out the goose pimples.

2 Likes

From a suggestion above I pulled Testament by Jarrett, out of my CD collection. The second London disk in particular is just draws you into the music.

6 Likes

After Jarrett, I spun Steve Lehman, Orchestre National De Jazz – Ex Machina.

Maximum weirdness, well worth persevering with this busy music. Los Angeles Imaginary, is the standout track on this one.

2 Likes

Laufey, bewitched. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

James Taylor - Sweet Baby James - CD (1970)

13 Likes

Playing trax off his up and coming set due to drop late September and followed them up with this brilliant album.

2 Likes

2 Likes