What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bedtime Tunes:

10 Likes

Ozrics seem to have been going forever. Still sometimes my goto listen when I need to relax, although these days sans certain substances!

10 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station, paper airplane. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Saucy!

8 Likes

Take a pebble by ELP. Still amazing after all these years

13 Likes

Saucier

7 Likes

Blondie, parallel lines. :smiling_face:

27 Likes

Sauciest

4 Likes

The Obsessed - Lunar Womb (2006 re-issue)

For an album depicting Francisco Goya’s infamous “Saturn devouring his child” painting you would be forgiven for expecting a blood-soaked death metal record with Lunar Womb but you’d be wrong. Instead, you’re treated to a relatively lesser-known side-project by prolific doom sommelier, Scott “Wino” Weinrich, a man best known for fronting the legendary Saint Vitus. While The Obsessed shares the Wino house-sound of thick, stoner doom chords, the overall tempo and feel of Lunar Womb is much more upbeat and fun, throwing in plenty of head-noddin’ grooves and slick licks, producing arguably Wino’s most accessible record. Case-in-point, take the fantastic “Back to Zero” a track that not only stands among the man’s best work but the songwriting is so good, so joy-inducing memorable that every time I hear it I can’t help but feel like it was written by a bigger, better known band. This isn’t a knock against Wino and co, it’s just such a well crafted earworm that it gives the impression of a top-charting hit rather than nestled in the middle of an obscure album from 1992.

Anyway, check this out if you like sounds similar to Kyuss and their ilk. Oh, and this re-issue sounds pretty good, too.

2 Likes

Boris Andrianov - Sergey Akhunov CELLO CONCERTO ‘ACTUS TRAGICUS’

First play of this new release. Very good and added to library.

4 Likes

Lovely Mozart Horn Concertos before leaving for the start of the working week

10 Likes

Joe Hisaishi - Joe Hisaishi in Vienna: Symphony No. 2; Viola Saga

First listen of another new release and another superb recording. Hoping this continues with the other new releases lined up!

8 Likes

Really enjoying the new Steven Wilson remix of Jethro Tull’s live album “Bursting Out”. Wonderful stuff… Having bought the bumper cd package, I’m loving all the background material included.

Jethro Tull: Bursting Out (Steven Wilson Remix)

15 Likes

Is it definitely worth the money Neil. I’ve been procrastinating over buying it since the presale was announced but still haven’t pulled the trigger…:thinking:

Blondie - Blondie - CD (1976)

Happy :birthday: Birthday : Debbie Harry 79 today 01/07/45

Deborah Harry, American singer, songwriter, and actress with Blondie who scored five UK No.1 singles including the 1979 UK & US No.1 single ‘Heart Of Glass’ and the 1978 world-wide No.1 album Parallel Lines. As a solo artists she scored the 1986 UK No. 8 single ‘French Kissing In The USA’. A former Playboy Bunny, her acting career spans over thirty film roles and numerous television appearances.

26 Likes

José Roberto Bertrami Things Are Different / 2001 Far Out / UK CD / FARO053CD

José Roberto Bertrami Piano, Keyboards
Eddie Palermo, Paulinho Soledade Guitar
Ney Conceicao Acoustic Bass, Bass
Paulinho Trompete Flugelhorn
Aleuda Vocals, Percussion
Robertinho Silva Percussion
Victor Bertrami Drums

Another spin of this great sounding new addition to the collection.

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - CD (1967)

57 years ago The Beatles started a 15 week run at No.1 on the US album chart with Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the group’s 10th US No.1 album. Recorded over a 129-day period beginning in December 1966, the album widely regarded as one of the greatest of all time, includes songs such as ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’ and ‘A Day in the Life’.

27 Likes

Also got tickets to the gig in the Netherlands for next year. Anxious to see what ends up happening with the new album. If it’s closer to Porcupine Tree’s Voyage 34 album, that would be great, an underrated album for me. Similar setup, yo what he’s alluded to as well.

3 Likes