What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’d best check out the highlights, astonishing by the Manx Missile :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, tonight’s highlights will be special! And he still has a few chances to extend it further, he looked in good shape!

1 Like

A nice compilation CD of the Legendary Ella Fitzgerald - Volume 4

8 Likes

This is it. Pretty much where it started in earnest, almost a century ago. Enjoying cherry-picking choice selections from this brilliant 4-CD box set.

10 Likes

After thoroughly enjoying their latest album bought for me on father’s day by my eldest, i couldn’t resist one from their back catalogue… Nothing but Thieves, Broken Machine. Another great album and great cover shot!

3 Likes

I’m putting that on my To Hear playlist right now. But The Gramophone pull-quote says “undoubtably”! Sigh. Still, I’m sure it made perfect sense to fire all the editors…

2 Likes

XTC - Drums And Wires - CD (1979)

Change of pace hard to believe this is nearly 45 years old.

14 Likes

It can’t be that old!

1 Like

Phil Collins

Serious Hits…Live! (2019 Remaster)

Edward

12 Likes

To be fair, this might have been an error of the part of the people at JSP, who put out this set, rather than The Gramophone

1 Like

Unfortunately it is! a lot of my music listening is to music that’s between 40 - 60 years of age…and I remember it being released, what I do wonder is, will the music released now, be as fondly remembered in the 2060’s and even more interesting, what format will it be on.

2 Likes

Fair! We don’t do fair!

1 Like

Was hoping the new version was on Qobuz……played the old one.

5 Likes

But you’re “undoubtably” correct: the pull from The Penguin Guide says “indispensible.” I’ll transfer my rant to JSP.

1 Like

First proper listen to this the 4th album release from Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats

South Of Here

7 Likes

First outing for a recently-acquired vinyl record…

6 Likes

Just listened to “One Day in Your Life”.

Forgetting all the stuff that went on in Michael Jackson’s life, this track is a reminder just how talented he was. Released in January 1975- approaching 50 years ago :grimacing:

2 Likes

Sounding great on vinyl - A Californian Band who mixed Ska and Rock and Punk
Camper Van Beethoven - Telephone Free Landslide Victory

1 Like

Had this for goodness how long, can’t even remember playing it. It’s really good and will be getting played more often .

7 Likes

Pure, once in a while, home alone, 80’s jazz fusion indulgence. My phono-1 is a pretty quiet phono stage, but not so much when the volume is nudging past 12 o’clock in readiness for the YellowJackets, Four Corners… Hey @Dan_M this might finally get the fans going on my 300… it’s feeling pretty warm, now at 2pm and still in control!

6 Likes