What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Schubert: Chamber Works - Christian Tetzlaff, Tanja Tetzlaff & Lars Vogt

10 Likes

Free Live!

19 Likes

Moving right along
Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy

4 Likes

Thanks That IS low res. That’s one problem with being long sighted! I’ll try again a little later.

In the meantime, it’s ‘Keep me fed’ by The Warning.

1 Like

41xcWCnoclL.AC
Free - Heartbreaker.

15 Likes

Staying on the heavier side today.
Disturbed - Immortalized

7 Likes

Norther by Ex-Easter Island Head. Recommended in The Quietus albums of the year so far list - it is really interesting. Makes me think of the first Aphex Twin album. They are from Liverpool and play guitars with mallets, apparently

1 Like

Slightly off thread, but how are you getting along with your new CD player

1 Like

Great thanks.
I must have a good 2 - 3,000 hours play time on it now. Maybe more. :man_shrugging:
It’s never skipped a beat and a joy to use and listen to. :grin:

I see you have some nice vintage Sony players there. The tape decks I bet are pretty interesting too.
I wish I had the money now when those Sony players were new. I would have loved to own and keep it.
All my things are in ‘brand new’ condition or as my friends call it “ there’s new, then there’s Mr.D condition “ :joy:

6 Likes

Good to hear: you paid a lot of money for an initial duff unit, but all good now.

The Sonys are…well I just wish Sony still made gear like it. I do like the Accuphase equipment: I think I just like champagne finishes.

I won’t derail the thread any more, but even at my gears level, I have found improving the digital interconnect has paid dividends.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton - 1996 - PolyGram 5318192 Remastered.

First solo studio album released in 1970. First listen for me.

12 Likes

Staying heavy!
Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King

3 Likes

Paul Kossoff. KOSS. 1977. 2X Vinyl compilation of Solo, Free, Back Street Crawler, Amazing Blondel etc released the year after his death. The second disc is Back Street Crawler live from 75.

I cannot find the words to describe how moving his playing could be. Amazing tone from his guitar.

10 Likes

Johnny Cash - The Best of Johnny Cash - Late 70s UK mail order only - 6 LP box set.

Johnny’s Big Hits, Johnny On The Railroad, Johnny Down West, Johnny In Love, Johnny On Sundays & Johnny In Jail.

9 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Polydor– UICY-78937K
SHM-CD Japan Remastered.
Released: 21 Nov 2019

First play of this disc. Sounds great. Very crisp and raw. I like it :+1:

15 Likes

Johnny Cash - American IV - The Man Comes Round - CD (2002)

Joining @Quad33 with Johnny Cash, Listening to this, seems rather apt him performing a version of Depeche Mode’s Personal Jesus.

21 Likes

Listened to some Disturbed a couple of days ago too albeit just phone to Headphones at work. Still a great band, David Draiman has such a good voice!

1 Like

LCD Soundsystem, Sound of Silver. I have always been a fan of theirs.
I thought they were excellent at Glastonbury this year, a stand out gig for me :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Probably the last one for this session, so made it a goody. I think this is my favourite DT album.

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

8 Likes

Billy Joel. 1978. Vinyl. Good songs and quite Jazzy.

14 Likes