What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Prompted by her brilliant Glastonbury set - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert by Little Simz

2 Likes

Rosanne Cash - Rhythm & Romance - CD (1985)

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Teddy Swims - I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy (part 1)

Teddy Swims (Vocals), Ammo (Drums, Keyboards, Strings, Vocals), Andrew Jackson (Vocals), Andrew Wells (Drums, Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer), Cassidy Turbin (Drums), Eli Teplin (Keyboards, Vocals), Infamous (Keyboards), Jesse Hampton (Guitar), John Ryan (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Julian Bunetta (Bass, Drums, Engineer, Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals), Kendrick Nicholls (Bass), Khari Mateen (Cello, Percussion, Vocals), Mikky Ekko (Vocals), Ragnar Rosinkranz (Strings), Sean Erick (Trumpet), Shweez (Vocals) and Tommy King (Organ, Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this July 4th Independence Day holiday here in the US with this September 2023 album released by Teddy and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

I always enjoy a bit of Underworld - Beaucoup Fish

9 Likes

Aquin - The Mountain Queen

From 1973 when the Dutch were top of their game.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Nice

1 Like

That takes me back to my boyhood @AndyP , and listening to Radio Caroline all through 1976. They used to play “The Dance” from that album all the time.

4 Likes

One last listen to the new Ese album before it goes up on Bandcamp tomorrow…

10 Likes

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run 50th anniversary edition, playing the second disc of “underdubbed” mixes.

13 Likes

Blasting into orbit with nothing stronger than a nice cup of tea
Hawkwind - Zones

12 Likes

Great cover, Kev.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Wooooow

2 Likes

I checked on (the artist of this lovely cover painting) Gina Southgate’s website - she does indeed do prints. I’ll be ordering from her soon as Ese’s artwork is available :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Sounding good on vinyl
The Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk

12 Likes

One of those ‘lost albums’ that eventually find a release. Nice that it did. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Is there only one copy? :rofl::+1:

1 Like

7 Likes

Rodney Crowell - Diamonds & Dirt - CD (1988)

4 Likes