What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A couple of weeks ago I picked this up from a charity shop……nostalgia. The charts back then had so many genre’s….i luvved them all.
Now my daughter just back from Portugal music fest, would say nothing has changed……just me getting old.

5 Likes

After a somnulent day need some reggae - the mighty Misty in Roots Wise & Foolish on very crackly 1981 (jeez!) People Unite vinyl. Magnificent - and yes Babylon is sinking.

8 Likes

No but each copy is individually painted and costs £750… :wink:

3 Likes

I wish 10pm would hurry up… hopefully this classic will help fill the next 80 minutes.

10 Likes

Great artwork costs though!

2 Likes

An excellent recent recommendation from @AndyP, this is a 2022 release from Jack M. Senff, titled Low Spirit.

3 Likes

Melody Gardot, subset in the blue. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Tattoo

From 1973 Rory produces, writes and sings all the songs and plays guitars, harmonica, saxophone, mandolin, bouzouki.

Contains the classics:

Tattoo’d Lady (remember back in 1973 the only ladies with tattoos were in the circus). Cradle Rock, Who’s That Coming and A Million Miles From Here.

A guitar epic.

19 Likes

John Mayer - Continuum, includes an excellent cover of “Axis Bold As Love”.

12 Likes

Third in a wonderful run of three great rock albums. Uniti Core.

14 Likes

I wasn’t comvinced by that on a first listen - maybe merits a revisit once I’ve had my fill of Clementine’s latest in the early hours :grin:

Some interesting indie rock from the USA

1 Like

Kier and Rayner?

Oh heck, I can’t even spell his name correctly.

What an utterly uninspiring few weeks politically on all fronts.

The mention of Nils Frahm by @Deeg on another thread reminded me to play this album tonight.

I’d first seen the album mentioned in a review by Herb Reichert in Stereophile magazine and intrigued by the description found it on Qobuz, and it’s been on regular play since.

A rather beautiful (and interestingly recorded) album.

Nils Frahm - Felt

8 Likes

4 Likes

Excellent guitar driven rock

1 Like

Nice enough compilation of John Lee Hooker - Wandering Blues

13 Likes

Alela Diane, live at the map room. You are going to get me in trouble with my missus. Dogs woke us up at 5am and started jumping on bed. So soothing music was good and acceptable by all members of the family. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

After playing this artist last night, thought I would spin my only other album by this tenor saxophonist

Ike Quebec - Bossa Nova Soul Samba.

10 Likes

Sometimes an album cry’s out to be played. Vinyl.

8 Likes