What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

David Bowie, blackstar. :smiling_face:

32 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

3 Likes

K.D.Lang - Sing It Loud - CD (2011)

9 Likes

I grew up to a lot of 80’s stuff, some new waves, some more generic pop, some Alan Parsons and some Elton John. The latter two have remained in my memory mostly and I proudly placed the Alan Parsons albums in my CD collection. Elton John never really had the same effect. Yet.

I only found later, when I had bought all Pink Floyd albums, he had them all on cassette tapes. I also truly believe some of the hinges I enjoy now, he would have as well.

As for the bedtime tunes:

Natalie Merchant - Ophelia

I sincerely don’t remember how I ran in to her music. I do remember this was one of the few things me and my mum both enjoyed. We played ‘Life is Sweet’ at her funeral. Such a bittersweet piece of music!

14 Likes

The first Floyd boot I bought was the Dark Side of the Moon Wembley gig recently released. That was on I think the Takrl label and at the same time picked up Electrif Lycanthrope as well as a Steve Miller set which had great sq.

4 Likes

Roxy Music, county life. :smiling_face:

18 Likes

6 Likes

Replaying LCD Soundsystem, the highlight for me.

6 Likes

This turned out to be a bit more heavy emotionally than I expected it to. Had not heard it in a long time, most certainly on my recently changed/upgraded system.

Really unwinding with this now:

Hooverphonic - The President of the LSD Golf Club

Again something I haven’t heard in quite some time, but thoroughly enjoyed and seem to still do. Aot more mellow than my regular listening schtick.

5 Likes

Really like this one (Naxatras : IV). It’s on my next Bandcamp download list
Thanks for the post
G

1 Like

Can’t sleep, so some gentle tunes.

Nick Drake – Pink Moon
CD|1972

25 Likes

Various – Way To Blue (The Songs Of Nick Drake)
CD|2013

Liking Nick Drake, I originally bought this because Lisa Hannigan has a couple of appearances. I easily took to all the artists, and this remains a favorite (in a long list of favorites).

12 Likes

A 16 track version of this set entitled the Complete Showtime. The original was recorded over 2 nights so not sure if this is the full set of one of those nights or not but it makes it a far better album.

9 Likes

Great music and production values. Still waiting for the quick follow up!

6 Likes

I used to go to Portobello Road in the late 70’s - always a good source of LP’s and things.
Most expensive bootleg I bought back then was a TG one - £35.
Sadly nicked along with a bunch of stuff - mainly Hawkwind / Faust / Amon Duul / Klaus Schulze records etc

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, letter to you. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Very relaxing Mozart before the start of the working week
Mozart Concerto - Flute And Harp

10 Likes

Susan Tedeschi, hope and desire. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell - CD (1981)

In Memory of Andy Fletcher 08/07/61 - 26/05/22

Andy Fletcher, bass, synth, and a founding member with English electronic band Depeche Mode. The group have had 50 songs in the UK Singles Chart and seventeen top 10 albums in the UK chart and have sold over 100 million records worldwide. Hit singles included ‘New Life’, ‘Enjoy the Silence’ and ‘Just Can’t Get Enough.’ He died on 26 May 2022 age 60.

19 Likes

Roberta Flack - 1973 - Killing Me Softly - Label - Atlantic - OG Vinyl.

This is Roberta’s fourth sole studio album. The title track was released as a single.

16 Likes