What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Clash. Still sounding great after all the years!

15 Likes

Mercury 10" LP from 1953.

4 Likes

The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys - CD (1979)

14 Likes

This is an album that gives me so much pleasure.

16 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - Higher

Chris Stapleton (12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals), Alicia Enstrom (Violin). Austin Hoke (Cello), Dave Cobb (12 String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Shaker), David Angell (Violin). David Davidson (Violin), Derek Mixon (Bongos, Drums, Shaker, Triangle), J.T. Cure (Bass Guitar), Janet Darnall (Violin), Jenny Bifano (Violin), Jung-Min Shin (Violin), Kevin Bate (Cello), Lee Pardini (Hammond B3, Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer Piano), Mary Kathryn Van Osdale (Violin), Morgane Stapleton (Synthesizer, Tambourine, Vocals), Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel) and Sari Reist (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from coffee with friends, played wordle, 20 minutes exercise period and now sitting down with a bowl or rasberries, strawberries, bananas and greek yogurt and taking Chris Stapleton’s latest album, November 2023, out for a spin… and Chris and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Modern country music at its finest. Great SQ. Great live as well. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Blue Note Tone Poet LP - trounces my old CD copy !

Saw McCoy many times over the years, right through to his final playing years. Always memorable.

9 Likes

Tangerine | Dream | Green Desert | 1986
Always a mystery to me why this was never released until thirteen years had passed. It was recorded in 1973, between Atem and Phaedra, by Franke, Froese and Baumann but they decided to shelve this recording and go back to the drawing board. IMHO it’s up there with their finest and the twenty minute title track is an absolute Tangs belter.

This one is ripped from the preferred and superior sounding Jive Electro label CD.

12 Likes

More modern country goodness from Sturgill Simpson. Wonderful voice. Uniti Core.

7 Likes

Roy Harper And Jimmy Page - What Ever Happened To… Jugula

9 Likes

My original 1985 copy. Just put it through the Degritter and it sounds pretty darn good!

19 Likes

Tav Falcos Panther Burns 10 th Anniversary live album with Alex Chilton
Midnight In Memphis

3 Likes

What a terrific cover!

Yes, one of the classic covers that David Stone Martin did for Granz. Sonically it is pretty good for 1953 too - nice and hot !

1 Like

Last one before the football - Third Man pressing.

6 Likes

I’ll give something a spin once we’ve beaten the Dutch :rofl: :england: :+1:

2 Likes

That could be a very quiet house for a little while. :rofl:

1 Like

Excellent - not in my Mc T collection - on my list as a download purchase tomorrow thanks.

1 Like

Something a little different

1 Like

Today’s football soundtrack a bit of a rarity from the Don - Hear & Now a late 70s fusion meets his usual world jazz thang. Saw a reissue in a record shop today but 40 notes seemed excessive. Blooming marvelous.

2 Likes