What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A great band lineup with Wayne Shorter, Gary Bartz and Alice Coltrane powered by Elvin Jones. Can’t go wrong.

1 Like

14 Likes

I think Green Desert was stepping stone between their rock and their electronic directions - You can hear both and feel them trying to work out what they want to do…

1 Like

LP - Blue Note (75th anniversary edition) 2015 reissue : )

Bobby Hutcherson - Components

<<>>

Bobby Hutcherson – vibraphone, marimba
James Spaulding – alto saxophone, flute
Freddie Hubbard – trumpet
Herbie Hancock – piano, organ
Ron Carter – double bass
Joe Chambers – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ on 10th June 1965
Album released in November 1965

<<>>

12 Likes

IMG_1269

Wore this one out in its prime….
Going to see them in San Antonio in November with The Black Crowes, will be epic.

4 Likes

Time for the re-education again!

Chopin - Nocturnes, by Daniel Barenboim

I enjoy it, but still need to really ‘force’ myself to listen to it. Somehow, I can’t get it to click as other music does. Sort of looking for that ‘eureka’ moment when it does click I guess!

Still beats football though :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

19 Likes

A celebratory spin of some Arctics.
Well played England.

8 Likes

In the net.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan, the freewheelin’. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Tears for Fears, the hurting. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

Trichotomy Fact Finding Mission

6 Likes

Rare on the Air Vol 2, featuring Joni Mitchell Cranberries Loyd Cole World Party.

5 Likes

Sadus - A Vision of Misery (2024 re-issue, limited edition, numbered)

Sadus represent the lower tier of thrash metal, like say Overkill, Testament or Kreator, who never reached the lofty heights of the Big Four but still carved out a niche of producing reliable, high quality thrash. With Sadus their focus was on the more technical side of things with an added layer of raspy vocals akin to Death, lending the music a savage edge that occupied the space between thrash, death and black metal at times and A Vision of Misery is a commendable example. A blisteringly fast tempo means the riffs come out sharp and tight, cutting the air with surgical precision. The composition is of a high level, with some odd time signatures and venomous solos that resembles Athiest, albeit without the jazzy connective tissue. It’s clear that modern technical thrash bands like Havok owe a great debt to Sadus and if that’s your kind of speed then you won’t be disappointed here.

I was a little let down with the sound quality on this reissue, mainly because Music on Vinyl usually do such a great job and while the sound is overall fine it’s a bit soft and rounded, lacking the dynamics that the music well deserves. The digital version on Quobuz has a drier but sharper, tighter sound by comparison that I actually prefer. It could be that’s sourced from a remaster while this reissue may be the original mix.

2 Likes

Ludwig van Beethoven | Alfred Brendel | Beethoven Favorite Piano Sonatas | 1994
A pleasant morning accompaniment .

11 Likes

A little disgruntled after being woken up at 7:00 with Coffee & Croissants, which was nice, but I definitely would have liked another hour of sleep.
I thought I’d start my listening day with yet another Steven Wilson project.
No-Man and Flowermouth

8 Likes

David Bowie

Hunky Dory (2015 Remaster)

My favourite Bowie album.

Edward

30 Likes

Yim Hok-Man - Master of Chinese Percussion

A Roon find. This has some serious bass slam… a good system test :grinning: Really liked it and added to library

4 Likes

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl - Mozart on Tour… no less :rofl:

9 Likes

CD rip on Core…

13 Likes