What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

David Bowie

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Edward

31 Likes

Pink Floyd - 1971 - Meddle - Label - Harvest - OG Vinyl.

Meddle is PF sixth studio album.

I little bit of “Echoes” this morning.

27 Likes

Between Heaven and Earth (Soundtrack) - A.R. Rahman

Another Roon find. Really enjoyed this soundtrack and added it to the library.

2 Likes

Finally, after a morning full of interminable chores and a very long phone conversation, I have made it to the cabin.
Gone for a bit of Bauhaus to start my listening and The BBC Radio Broadcast Sessions

Seems I got here just in time to beat the rain…:cloud_with_rain::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Definitely in a loud and raucous mood this morning.
Queensryche’s sophomore release The Warning

Purchased on release back in the day and perhaps surprisingly, still in immaculate condition :innocent:

6 Likes

I’ll joint you in that loud mood…. Plus some adrenaline as well…

The Dark Knight (Collectors Edition) - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard

10 Likes

Of all the reboot Batman movies and much to my son’s disbelief, I didn’t enjoy this one🤷🏻‍♂️

I ’d have to watch the film again to remind myself …I remember the soundtrack most… it’s amazing adrenaline rollercoaster swinging from gentle atmospheric passages to all out thumping bass!

1 Like

I’ve never listened to it, perhaps I’ll fix that later🤔

It’s a worthy listen. Hans Zimmer and James Newton make an interesting combination with James more traditional orchestral sequences and Hans with the thumping bass synth / drum beats. If you do listen and have Qobuz, search for the Collectors Edition… I prefer that over the other versions.

1 Like

A quick side between ‘stuff’.
Lights up the day, despite the dark pic.

The Doors
Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine
Elektra

14 Likes

Most of my Sade collection is actually on CD, so thought i would give Stronger Than Pride a bit of spin this afternoon. I’d forgot just how good this album is and how well recorded it is.

20 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
CD

20 Likes

Queen - Queen II
CD

17 Likes

Queen - A Day At The Races
CD

16 Likes

As previously posted by @A-Fin, giving the soundtrack from The Dark Knight a listen.

9 Likes

Well @A-Fin, that’s definitely woken my Sub up… :flushed: :joy:

2 Likes

Lol :joy: yeah, the sub bass is something else. The rumble digs deep. The energy hits in waves… one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard!

Edit… and if you want to finish the Sub off, try Poem of Chinese Drum on - Master of Chinese Percussion - Yim Hok-Man.

I use headphones / tube amp with really good tight extended sub bass and I nearly dropped one when that kicked in :joy:

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
CD

15 Likes

Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega - CD (1985)

Happy :birthday: Birthday : Suzanne Vega 11/07/59

19 Likes