What are you looking to buy in 2023?

Only music here. 2022 saw a Vertere SG arm, Sabre cartridge and Red cable installed on my Xerxes 10 (very nice indeed) and an Auralic Aries G1.1 and Shunyata USB cable replacing the Node 2i as my streaming source into my Qutest. End game for me unless something goes pop.

1 Like

New speakers to replace my Ushers. As good as they are they are probably the weak link in my system.

“What are you looking to buy in 2023?”

Not entirely sure as yet, but I have a loose plan to hopefully buy a (local) streaming upgrade / alternative to my UQ2. More than likely a late pre-loved NDX (BT), or perhaps a NAC-N272 (+ modest power amp). But, alas, my current 3K upgrade stash could be in jeopardy as child No1 started Uni this year and we are certainly finding the Uni fees, accommodation and living expenses challenging, plus cost of living crisis is hitting our financial outgoings quite hard, just for added fun. Fingers crossed things improve in the coming months!

1 Like

Possibly a NAP500DR mid 2023 to complement the 552DR I purchased this year.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no need for it as have turntables in both my systems, but in line with other comments about itches to scratch I am finding the draw of this hard to resist. Really like the green edition, would look great in Naim system.

5 Likes

Top of my wish list and becoming more and more essential is to buy some therapy. I feel this relentless Naim upgrade path is getting out of hand.
Or should I swap my 282 for a 252?
Happy listening.
Colin.

6 Likes

[quote=“Clp18, post:47, topic:26198”]
Top of my wish list and becoming more and more essential is to buy some therapy. I feel this relentless Naim upgrade path is getting out of hand.
Or should I swap my 282 for a 252
[/quote] I’m afraid a 252 will merely enhance the anguish, only a 552 will meet the requirement.

3 Likes

But the 552 is a whole different ball game and state of mind!

1 Like

Whole different level of performance!

1 Like

Will be looking at new speakers in 2023. Currently have Focal Sopra-3s in my 18X25 foot room driven by full 500 system. Live in US and there is a bewildering array of possibilities. Kudos 808 and Wilson DAW on the list. Home demo is a must I think but tough to arrange here in the states.

Absolutely nothing I changed (bought) hifi-wise in 2022 had much anything to do with what I was thinking at the end of 2021, so … I intend to stick to the same good plan!

1 Like

I will be turning 60 next year (oof!), so I am going to sell my 2xHiCap DR power supplies and buy a SuperCap DR.

One thing leads to another…

3 Likes

Some big purchases for me this year, 555dr and ATC SCM40 and recent addition of Morgana ic so limited options in 23. I will be adding a fraim and maybe a powerline for 250dr

1 Like

This has to be the most effective VFM investment possible… :grin:

2 Likes

I have a pre order on a Korf tone arm, I don’t need it and don’t expect it to beat my Schröder but there’s a two month return window once it’s arrived. It’s a high mass arm so should suit my Decca mono or an SPU and initially will go on my Rock with the former. If it’s as good as I hope I’ll be selling my Aro, if not it will be going back.

I still have some curiosity regarding speakers to supplant the NBLs in my room with plasterboard walls but they’re actually working better than expected so no rush on that and it may never happen.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure yet- but I do have my name down if an ndac gets traded in at my local dealer, its a case of I’m not actively looking for one yet, but I don’t want to miss it if it does show up. I’m perfectly happy with my current sound but would like an opportunity to hear one in my system and if it did improve things enough id certainly want to keep it.

The thing I’m actively researching is getting something like the innuos zen mini I’m currently saving up and looking at my options.

Uniti-Nova, as I’m not convinced by my Uniti2-250DR combination.

Lingo 4 for my LP12 and a new pair of speakers - moved house and it’s all gone to hell!

2 Likes

You will be able to get a LP12 made up for you, with that sort of budget.

DG…

1 Like

Probably will try and replace the Rega speaker cable I’m using with something else - I need two 10m runs due to the room layout so anything too fancy gets expensive fast.

Maybe a muso for the main living open plan space we use as our main entertaining area - just running a Sonos all in one at the moment which is fine for background music but would prefer something a bit better.