What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

After eating at Llewelyn’s (again) last night I thought that I really should eat at home. Such a good restaurant

Had a coffee very nearby this morning. Well perks & white outside the station entrance. HH market in full swing.

1 Like

Cheers to fellow SE Londoners

4 Likes

And cheers to you too!

2 Likes

As a SE Londoner I can highly recommend Francis Spufford’s latest novel - Light Perpetual. It’s a novel based on the real life event of a V2 hitting a Woolworth’s in New Cross in 1944 causing about 150 deaths. He goes onto imagine what would have happened if 5 of the children had survived and charts their lives over the next 60 years. It is set in s fictional SE London area called ‘Bexford’ but it sounds as though it is somewhere between New Cross and Brockley. Fantastic, moving novel and captures SE London perfectly. Author is a Prof at Goldsmiths

1 Like

A boiled dinner, corn beef veggies and a mustard white sauce.

5 Likes

A Cretan courgette and potato ‘pie’ (no pastry involved) - courgettes from the lottie. Cooked with a shed load of ricotta, feta and kefalotyri cheese plus loads of mint, parsley and oregano. Served with a green salad

8 Likes

I might get a copy - lived in SE14 for a few years 2002-2005

I don’t think you’ll regret it - brilliant book. One sequence captures a young man’s descent into severe psychiatric illness and is one of best descriptions I have seen in literature

1 Like

Blue eyed cod with tahini coriander and lemon dressing with scallops cooked in lemon/garlic

10 Likes

That looks really good!

1 Like

Lunch today.

Tomatoes and peppers from the greenhouse.

Fresh bread courtesy of my Panasonic breadmaker.

8 Likes

Nice, i cant believe the quality of bread we get from out Pana bread machine!

1 Like

This is locally sourced lamb served with rice noodles, carrot, coriander, bird’s eye chili and crushed toasted peanuts. This dish is bursting with flavour, especially from the Vietnamese style vinaigrette made from fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, water, garlic, lemon, lime and unprocessed local honey:

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

12 Likes

And also to you

1 Like

And cheers to you while I enjoy my Saturday morning croissant. :+1:

1 Like

Thai green curry with tiger prawns and basil:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

10 Likes

Love Thia curry’s. :+1:

1 Like

This is locally sourced dry aged sirloin with lettuce, carrot, coriander, tomato, bird’s eye chili and crushed toasted peanut in a Vietnamese style vinaigrette:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

10 Likes

Very nice Satori. Can I ask your meaning of locally sourced? We don’t eat much meat, but when we do we are very choosy as per the provenance. Best breading and rearing practices, organic for sure, and totally humane transport and slaughter. Have a good evening.

3 Likes