What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

I bet the salmon wasn’t too keen on the idea either :rofl:

3 Likes

Butternut squash definitely needs to be roasted first if making a soup.
You can of course just boil it with something interesting. But roasting brings out a Smokey savoury sweetness that cries out for all manner of other flavours to compliment it.
I love making soups. That last one had too much bread croutons and spoiled it a little.
Otherwise…

1 Like

Defo - I roast it with garlic, rosemary and olive oil until soft and then use it to make butternut squash risotto- nom

1 Like

When in Paris……… always carry a box when ever I travel !

2 Likes

Is that farmed or wild? :grin:

3 Likes

Not sure if I can tell the difference lol

2 Likes

One of my happiest memories of parenthood. Kids were maybe 8, 6 and 5 years of age. KD the first thing they were allowed to cook for themselves. Their joy in eating it eclipsed only by the joy of the process. Negotiations on dividing portions were intense until I suggested they could make 2 boxes at once. I then won Father of the year :joy::wink:

Never took KD on overseas travel, but in the eighties lived as an exchange student in Japan for 4 months. Late in the program and low on funds, I received a care package from my sister including 6 boxes of KD. Didn’t finish all, and left a few boxes for a fellow student who was staying on. We started dating when she got home, married and had the aforementioned kids.

THIS IS POWERFUL FOOD WITHOUT A DOUBT!

2 Likes

And here I was thinking I’d get “Flamed” for posting that !!!
Glad it brings found memories

2 Likes

The real controversy of course is unscripted additions, hot dogs, ketchup, kimchi…that sort of thing

1 Like

If I could of taken hotdogs with me I would of, not sure I saw any hotdogs in the shops when I was last there but I do remember seeing them in a can and that’s just too over the top even for me !

1 Like

Made a chilli yesterday for tonight’s meal… bigger flavours if left to stand for a day before serving.

7 Likes

Last nights chilli, not sure how but the colour and the flavour was the best I have ever made and I defy anyone to not drink a beer when making a chilli!

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Just one?

3 Likes

No no at least four but 6 is a good number he he

Atb
Kk

I do love a good chilli :+1:

1 Like

Asian inspired pork belly. Braised in a stock then crisped up the skin in a pan…

Then sliced and fried to caramelise…

Fourth stage is to reduce in the braising liquor to a slightly sticky consistency…

And finally, serve…

12 Likes

Wow that looks super tasty! Enjoy

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Line caught :wink:

That looks top!

1 Like

:yum: :yum:

1 Like