What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

A lot of wine consumed by time of third photo Pete? :wink:

5 Likes

Yep it’s certainly looks like it , maybe I should remove it in the morning. :rofl::+1:

2 Likes

Well done, you are owed a rather nice bottle of Langmeil (or two)

1 Like

M & S have nothing on you. Looks nice and I’m sure tasty.

2 Likes

My adult kids are laughing

With the other half away they’ll be no preparaing tonight. Pub grub the best solution l, no fuss no cleaning up

8 Likes

One pan sausage and beans.

11 Likes

some spanish tapas serrano ham croquettes and a cold spanish tomato soup called gazpacho these one not self made.

5 Likes

Pork Stroganoff. Will update with picture if I remember before I eat it😁
Update
Sorry folks, got eaten before I remembered to snap a pic🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

love stroganoff but had only Beef stroganoff in 2 variations one with mushrooms the other with red bell peppers

1 Like

When you REALLY love something, there is no limit to how far you will go. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Duck breast in orange sauce with green asparagus and potato dumplings. Cooked sous vide at 62 degrees for 3 hours and then fried in clarified butter.

11 Likes

Boil in the bag done right has to be the most difficult.
I would just save time and stress and pan fry. :rofl:

1 Like

I find otherwise. Sous vide avoids over/undercooking, yet allows flexibility in timing to prioritise side items or other courses.

4 Likes

In my opinion sous vide saves stress but not time. Over all I love the intense taste of boiled meat in a bag…

2 Likes

I’m guessing you have the correct devices and gadgets to shrink wrap items and to hold water at a set temperature for some length of time ?
What are you using ? If you don’t mind me asking out of interest.

1 Like

That looks fantastic and perfectly cooked

Now using anova pro together with anova pro-vac sealer and even their 12l container with cover and grid. The breville joule is also good but not as durable.

2 Likes

The other thing I like about sous vide is the cconvenience of direct from freezer to cooked.

2 Likes

Yes and so did many of Gordon Ramsay’s chains of restaurants. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes