What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

I’m more a Marcus Wareing type of guy lol

2 Likes

I use a Caso VC 10 for the vacuum and a Miele DGC 7860 to boil at low temperature.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies.
Some interesting bits of kit.
I’m especially interested in things that could be stored away without too much space taken - as I have a small kitchen with limited storage space.
Some of the immersion heaters that are attached to ones own pans seem to me much more preferable than a dedicated bath.
Without breaking the bank.
Could inspire some thoughts to put together somethings in the future…

Well, the Caso VC 10 is quite small, so you could easily store it. We have purchased the combi steamer especially because of the space to store the equipment. The oven in the kitchen is mandatory. So a combi steamer does not need any further space. Ok, the combi steamer is a little bit pricey, but if you consider, that an oven and a steamer is included, it could be ok.

Mmmm … onion gravy.
We do a salisbury steak sometimes, and use a mushroom and onion gravy. When you take something that’s already delicious, like bangers or Salisbury steak, and then put a sauce like that on it … It’s to die for.

1 Like

I sous vide as well, and the bagging is simple. Stick it in a freezer bag and submerse it as hou seal it. Than any pot or saucepan that’s a decent size to take the sous vide unit clipped on the side, and that’s it. So simple, and it simplifies the timing of other items that go with the dinner so that nothing is overcooked or undercooked.

1 Like

Woke up yesterday morning and for some reason I really fancied paella - never cooked it before. I used the Felicity Cloake recipe with prawns, mussels, squid and monkfish. Drank with a very nice Verdejo. Very happy bunny

7 Likes

That’s made me hungry, I love a good paella. Was fortunate enough to have one in a little village (off the tourist trail) in Spain, beautiful food great weather and a good bottle of wine.

Enjoy. :grin:

1 Like

Those chips in beef dripping are gorgeous aren’t they!

2 Likes

Another lamb shoulder on the go tonight - I’ve got a bit lazy and no longer try to make small pockets stuffed with slivers of garlic and put a few cloves of garlic in their skins in the pan - this makes for some lovely little garlic paste parcels I can enjoy with the meal!

Last night we had a pumpkin and apple cream soup with purple curry and prawns fried in thyme and garlic.

8 Likes

What’s “Purple Curry”?
Not heard of that before, sounds most intriguing :thinking:

It is a curry spice mix with a mild acidic aroma. I use such a spice mixture from „Altes Gewürzamt“.

1 Like

Pumpkin and apple, never thought of that. It sound delicious.

Not strictly preparing dinner tonight, but for sometime in the future. Preparing False Chantelle and Chantelle mushrooms for freezing.

My preferred method is to dry them out and store in airtight containers so that you don’t get too much liquid when they are cooked later on, but we picked so many that drying would have taken too long. So we opted to fry in batches in butter, salt and pepper.

A new try this year is to add more butter than usual and drip off the butter and mushroom juice before the frying is finished and get a little extra juice when they are sat in the colllander to cool down. I am hoping to get a light mushroom stock from this method.

6 Likes

In my opinion it is delicious. I roast the pumpkin, the apples with some onions and garlic on a bed of thyme in the oven at 190 degrees for about an hour. After that everything but the thyme goes in the mixer and it cooked with chicken broth and cream. Finally, add a bit of fresh ginger and fresh chili to taste. Quite simple to make but very delicious.

1 Like

Mild acidic spice mixture. Hibiscus flower, fenugreek, black pepper, garlic, coriander, mustard seeds, cumin, cinnamon blossom, mace, ginger, clove, fennel, anise, cardamom.

1 Like

dinner of yesterday night club sandwitch with cuaca

mole,chicken,tomato,letuce ,mayo,bacon…
post it now ended up waited on local pub while listening led zepellin ,ccr and the scorpions on some vintage hifi from pioneer and drinking beer and whisky lol

6 Likes

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 09.38.16

Mole ?

I’ve heard of Toad in the Hole but never Mole in The Sarnie

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

tread was separated i meaned cuacamole a avocado mexican recipe lol

1 Like